“Clean and Roomy”

SpringHill Suites Ridgecrest
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Ridgecrest
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at SpringHill Suites @ Ridgecrest for 2 nights while visiting the Death Valley National Park. The property was clean; rooms were comfortably big with sofa & 2 square coffee tables as well as a work station. I find the electric outlets at the lamp base such a wonderful design! You don't need to crawl under the desk to plug in your electronic devices!!

A specail thank-you to the reception staff. He TOOK NOTE of our request, made when reserving the rooms online, for connecting rooms. Most staff don't pay attention to special requests. When prompted at check-in, the most common response is "we don't have that available". But this gentelman receptionist (sorry that I forget the name) paid attention to the details and had the connecting rooms reserved prior to our arrival.

Our 2 families enjoyed the convenience of connecting rooms. We highly recommend this hotel to travellers!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed one night and found the property to be very clean throughout. Our suite was well designed and very comfortable. We noticed the sound of doors closing around us but by 10 pm all was quiet. Breakfast the next morning was a very nice selection. The attendant, Heather, was both friendly and helpful. Good coffee!
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor. The entire property is non-smoking, no pets
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel some years ago and enjoyed it. Our latest stay in December 2012 was very pleasant. The service standards are outstanding, the staff truly enjoy their work and it shows in warmth projected towards the guests. The rooms are large and spotless, wifi internet is included with the room rate, and there's a more-than-adequate complimentary breakfast. There are several dining options in Ridgecrest within a mile or two of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night between christmas and new years. Hotel was clean, so much so it smelled like bleach upon entering the lobby.

Staff was courteous and tried to answer any questions me might have had.

We were given a room on first floor near the breakfast area. The room was large and clean. It had unusually high ceilings for this kind of hotel. Things were going ok till we got into bed. Once we shut off the TV we could hear everything from the room next door. We heard people talking and kids getting upset, the heater kicking in and the loud toilet flush from the room above. It became obvious we wouldn't get much sleep in this room. It was too late to try and change rooms.

After midnight most sounds stopped until 6am when they started getting ice for the breakfast buffet.

If you stay here make sure to get 2nd floor room away from the elevators.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a very small town, so the hotel isn’t hard to find. When I first went in, the hotel seemed to be brand new, but it’s 6 years old. It is meticulously maintained – very clean and updated. The guys at the check-in were SO nice and friendly.

My room was a nice suite. It had a kitchen with sink, frig and microwave, as well as a coffee pot. There’s a living room area, with a work desk – VERY speedy wi-fi (I had recently stated at hotels with sluggish wi-fi, so I appreciate it when it’s speedy). The bedroom is kind of separated. The bathroom has a shower instead of a tug – which I love. The sink is outside of the toilet/shower area. Super-comfy bed with the new linens I like (I have seen them twice now). Clean sheets – clean towels, everything was spotless.

There was plenty of free parking.

This hotel is on a main road through Ridgecrest, California. Up or down the street either way, there are plenty of restaurants, stores, chain-stores, etc. Some aren’t really within walking distance, but there are no shortage of stores/restaurants.

If I had one complaint, and I’m still giving this place 5 stars – it would be the air-freshener smell in the room. It’s not overpowering like some places, but I don’t like smells at all. It’s just a little perfumey for my taste. Other than that, this hotel couldn’t be more perfect. Funny, the review right next to mine – the person says the hotel smells nice – ha ha – what some people love, other’s don’t!

The hotel was a tad pricey (it does appear to be the best hotel on this street in Ridgecrest)– but I used Marriott points, so that made it FREE. Can’t beat free!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tczig
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The room was very clean and laid out nicely..Breakfast was excellent. Real scrambled eggs and individual yogurts. nice!
Parking for my large company truck was good. Staff is very friendly and seemed very concerned with my comfort. Very nice after a long day working. Great job Springhill Suite! When back in Ridgecrest I will definitely stay here again..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been staying in Ridgecrest for business for years now, and I've stayed at most of the hotels in the area. Over the last 2 or 3 years, my company has used the Spring Hill exclusively, and I've not been disappointed.

Service:
The hotel staff is friendly and courteous, and they always give us a warm welcome back. Most of the front desk staff recognize us by sight and greet us, which is a great reflection on them and a sad commentary on my travel schedule. In most cases, I've been asked for my floor preference upon check in. This is nice, as I prefer the top floor so as not to have people thumping around above me at night.

The rooms:
The rooms are always clean, comfortable, and well maintained. I especially appreciate the bottles of water left in the rooms (free of charge), since this is the desert, after all. In addition to a very comfortable bed, the rooms feature a sitting area, desk, and nice sized bathroom. The kitchen area includes a sink, microwave, and fridge. Inside the microwave is a pack of paper plates and silverware for your cooking convenience.

Internet:
Internet access is free and easy to get online, although it can be very congested and slow in the evening hours after dinner, as most travelers are probably using the network for business at the end of the day.

Parking:
Parking is free, but when arriving late it may be hard to find parking near the hotel entrance.

Breakfast:
The staff really does a good job with the breakfast service. It is standard hotel fare -- hot eggs and sausage (or bacon), cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, yogurt, and make-your-own waffles. However, on trips where we've had to work odd hours, the staff has been very accommodating in opening the breakfast bar an hour or more ahead of the posted breakfast time.

Common areas:
The lobby is tastefully decorated, with adequate sitting area for breakfast time. There is a large flatscreen TV and a large table that seats 8 in the lobby as well. In the afternoons, as in most Marriotts, fresh cookies are available for guests.

Fitness area:
The pool is too small to accomodate lap swimmers, so I've never used it. The fitness center is small, but adequate. It has some free weights, two treadmills, and an elliptical machine. The treadmills have built in TVs, and headphones are available to use in the fitness center.

Location:
The hotel is ideally situated, just a short drive down China Lake Blvd to the base. The Red Bowl restaurant (Asian food, including sushi), and Espresso Cafe are both within easy walking distance. For those staying a while, a Stater Bros grocery store is also within walking distance, although it would be a bit of a longer walk.

In short, my visits to this hotel have been nothing but pleasant, and I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting.

Room Tip: One tip on room selection - if staying on the first floor, try to avoid the room immediately adjacen...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business