“One of the worst hotels I have stayed in.”

Marina Bay Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 27, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We arrived late at night. Went straight to the bed. My husband waked up, as his body was itching.
We turned the light on and saw small red bugs in the bed. Made several pictures, reported to Expedia, as booked via them.
Checked-out immediately.

Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank natalyat
Sarah L, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Good evening, we appreciate your feedback. We do apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We take your concerns seriously, and always have our rooms professionally treated for any kind of pests. We have guests coming from all over the world and occasionally pests may be transferred or carried from others. I have forwarded your concerns to the maintenance/housekeeping staff and assure you they will be addressed. Have a good night.

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I frequently travel for work and I can categorically say this is one of the worst hotels I have ever booked into. We arrived on September 19, 2013 and i was given room 245. Around 20 minutes after sitting in bed at 10.45pm, I spotted bed bugs crawling on the sheet and pillows. When I looked inside the pillow case there were even large spots of blood on the pillow itself - clearly from where a previous guest had been bitten.

I called the front desk and encountered one of the rudest 'managers' I have ever spoken to. The woman, who would only give her name as Lisa, told me the best thing to do was check out because she could not guarantee me a bug free room. She made no attempt to apologise for the disgusting conditions and did nothing to help me find alternative accommodation - which I was having to locate at 11pm. She was rude, aggressive, unhelpful and dismissive. When I asked if she was going to notify other guests about the bed bugs, she said she wouldn't unless anyone else reported them - even though I took pictures and video on my phone of them crawling around. She also refused to answer when we asked if there had been a problem with bed bugs before - looking at reviews on here, I can see that there has and I wish I'd checked before.

We will be complaining to the Days Inn corporate office, writing reviews on as many review sites as we can find and never staying at a Days Inn again. It should be noted that the hotel was booked through Hotels.com who gave us a full refund as soon as we called up to complain - even though it was way after hours at midnight.

Regardless of whether the hotel knew there was a bed bug problem, there is no way a competent cleaner can have failed to notice the large spots of blood on the pillow - which makes me question whether they even washed the sheets and pillow cases in between guests staying. Absolutely disgusting. Everyone should avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Clemmo2013

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We did not find any problem with our stay. We were looking for an affordable room for one night only. The beds were comfortable enough for our advanced ages. If you are looking for a cheaper rate in an area of over-priced rooms, this is a perfectly adequate choice.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pattyr04

Good morning, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your business and are excited to hear your stay was enjoyable. Please come back and visit us in the near future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Christine C

Reviewed August 30, 2013

this hotel is dirty towels were old and ripped and beds look 20 or more years old bathrooms had mold on sealing .carpet super dirty .please please i recommend you not to stay there .is better to spend a little more and not there .also the neighborhood is bad also dont go and putt gas at night one block away cause who knows if youll make it back to your room and its not a jook

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maite G
Sarah L, Guest Relations Manager at Marina Bay Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Good afternoon, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to addressing your concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and have forwarded your complaints to our maintenance/housekeeping staff. We hope you will reconsider your next visit when changes have been made. Thank you and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond Berkeley
Hotel Mira Vista
Hotel Mira Vista
#1 of 5 in El Cerrito
Days Inn Pinole Berkeley
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Marina Bay Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!