“Tasty Dim Sum”

Asian Pearl Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

Jasmine tea arrived at our table along with the picture-filled "check off your order" paper menu. Dishes were all brought together, steaming hot and fresh. The dumplings were all very plump, and the crispy crusted soft tofu came with a delicious sauce. My only disappointment was the average Bao. This restaurant is in the same shopping center as the 99 Ranch Market, which is worth going to for anyone who cooks Asian food. Note: parking is extremely difficult on weekends!

Reviewed April 25, 2016

The dim sum was only average compared to other places.
Yes, the food was fresh, but nothing really special or different.

Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Whenever I crave for dimsum, this is the place to go! I'm always full and satisfied after a visit there. They have a good selection. I like that the food tastes fresh and the prices are very reasonable. If you go on the weekend for brunch, I recommend being there before it opens. The queue can be long. My 5-star rating is primarily because of the food. Ambience needs a little improvement.

Reviewed April 16, 2016

For the money, you can't find a better Dim Sum restaurant in the East Bay, West of the Caldicott Tunnel than Asian Pearl. I've tried several Dim Sum restaurants in and around the Pacific Mall, from Richmond to Emeryville. None of them measure up. Three of us went on a Saturday afternoon after the seeing the MET HD opera at Bay Street, Emeryville. It's well worth the 5 mile drive up the freeway to the Pacific East Mall.

The restaurant was not at all crowded. They seated us within five minutes and best of all, the food was wonderful! Unfortunately, at Asia Pearl they don't bring Dim Sum the food around in carts like many other Bay Area Chinese restaurants but it really doesn't matter. You can order whatever you like from photos on a picture display menu. Fast, good and very efficient. Our only mistake was ordering all of our dishes at once, as everything was delivered to the table at the same time. It would have been better to order only two dishes at time. That way we would have eaten at a more gingerly pace.

Portions are more than adequate. The service is excellent. We ate like there was no tomorrow and when we got the bill, I couldn't believe how inexpensive everything was, especially compared to Dim Sum restaurants in the San Francisco Financial District.

I definitely plan to go back to Asian Pearl the next time I have a craving for Dim Sum and am in the East Bay.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

Our first visit and looking for something different. Arrived early Sunday and asked for a quiet table for two. Ha! No sooner said than large family groups arrived all talking at once. Once food served noise decreased and we were able to talk quietly. Ordered Fried oysters Masaga on Hot Pot Lid and boring fried rice. The Oysters were perfect, delicious and addictive. Finished the oysters and came home with half the rice. Comp dessert was questionable. It was a hot sweet bean, gray soupy cup of something. No explanation. Service fast, white table linen - my criteria - reasonably priced, and easy off freeway exit.

Been to Asian Pearl Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!