Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The area of the hotel seems not to be the best in SF. Room had some disgusting off odors. Rooms has to be renovated. Got the impression that some other obsucre guests are staying there for a longer time.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mark m
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

HI Mark,

Thanks for taking time to write a review. We are located close to Chevron refinery and have 24 contractors working at Chevron. The contractors typically stay with us for 4 to 6 weeks. With regards to the room odor, we are unable to locate which room you stayed in. We would love an opportunity to research and respond. Perhaps we did not have a non smoking rooms and you were provided a smoking room. Not sure what happened, but please give us a call so we can research and improve our service/room. 510 526 2665 or email at anil@yourbestvalueinn.com.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Clean and Comfortable beds, great location due to easy access to freeway and excellent wireless internet. A perfect choice if you are looking for affordable stay in Bay Area. they were amazing.person on front desk name MJ was so helpful and polite, and friendly.

Room Tip: doesnt matter what room you have friends. they are just amazing
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi Urjit,

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback. The housekeepers work relentlessly to keep the rooms clean and provide a pleasant experience for our guests. I will pass along your kind words to the staff.

Regards

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place to sleep before taking a out of state drive. This place was... Just, gross. I originally booked two days, when I checked in a went to the room I instantly smelled smoke (I wasn't even given the choice of smoking or non smoking grrrr)

The room was RUN down! Old, outdated, and the last straw fore was when I lifted the blankets up the was a HUGE gap in the box frame. When I say gap, I mean the box frame was like non existent! I could literally look into the bed (showing nothing but exposed wood frame) I will upload the photo.

Needless the say, I got my money back and left. When telling and showing management the photo and asking him if he knew the bed was in this condition, his response was "yeah, so what's wrong with it?" Wow. Just wow. I wouldn't stay here and I'm FROM richmond. Yikes!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
ABVIRICHMOND, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

I apologize for your poor experience and for not providing you a choice of a Smoking or Non Smoking room. We place all our guests that reserve rooms online into a Non Smoking room unless the guest requests a smoking room upon check in. The room you were provided does have a wooden box frame. We had experimented with a wooden box frame in order to prevent guests from leaving trash under the bed. Your room was the last room that still had the wooden frame. We have removed the wooden frame and replaced the bed. We value your feedback and thank you for taking time to write a review. We would welcome an opportunity to earn your business again. I will provide you a free night.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

America's Best Value Inn, Richmond offers very good accommodations for a fair price. You'll find the location convenient, situated close to Solano Ave. and the 880. The rooms include a flat screen TV, mini fridge, and a hvac unit. The rooms are well insulated and have double paned windows.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thanks for taking time to write a review. The staff works hard to provide a clean comfortable room and we appreciate the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again and having an opportunity to provide you a great stay.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

For the price we paid, the facilities are a far cry from the photos. The office and rooms (we booked 2) are run down; dingy and poorly maintained, with a hole on the bathroom door and one on the wall where someone or something hit them. The bathroom tiles are cracked, the water closet makes the occasional gush, and the air condition sounds like a freight train on an irregular schedule. The circuit breaker flipped when all the lights and outlets are used. The continental breakfast consists of really bitter coffee (if you can stand it) and danish (if you are lucky there is any left for you). All in all - pathetic. One and a half star.

Room Tip: check it first -
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank clewedm
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. After examining the room, we did notice that the bathroom door has a crack that appears if it had been punched really hard and did see two cracked tiles. We have replaced the tiles and the door. The air condition unit will be serviced and/or changed if the noise issue cannot be resolved.

The breakfast area is being enhanced to offer orange juice and fruit. We will also look at changing coffee brands as others have complained about the coffee as well.

I apologize for the room and for the breakfast not meeting your expectation. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. I would be more than happy to provide a discount on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The hotel is convenient and comfortable. We were in town to visit relatives in San Francisco and could not find any rooms in the city. We were a little skeptical of the hotel based on previous reviews. Our experience on the 2 nights we stayed was different. We were surprised at the cleanliness of the room and amenities for the price we paid. The room had an iron, coffeemaker, hair dryer and free wi-fi. The only problem we had was breakfast. They offer the very basic breakfast of coffee and pastry. Other than that, our room was clean, the bed was comfortable and everything worked worked. Great place for the value. The hotel is ideal if you are looking for value, a clean room,and with an easy access to a freeway going to Berkley or San Francisco

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Zachman32
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Zachman,

Thanks for taking time to write a review. I am glad we were able to meet your needs. We try our best to provide the best value possible. We put a great deal of emphasis on cleanliness, and comfort. I hope we have opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Sure, if it's sleep in your car or here, maybe give this place a shot, but don't leave the room, especially if your coming back late on a weekend. Having spent one of two nights I had confirmed, I returned late on a Saturday night to a full hotel. When I went to the front desk to ask for a wake up call, I was told that my room had been rented. I was handed a bag with the belongings that had been collected from my room and wished luck at 1:00 a.m. on a Saturday night. Luckily hotels.com found me a room in a nearby city (30 miles away.)

Room Tip: The bay area is tough, book well in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MattKfromtheLBC
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Hi Matt,

I apologize for a bad experience at our hotel. Our records show that you booked the room for one night. You left some items in the room. Our policy is to remove the items if the room is not paid for by 3 pm. I do see that you attempted to book the room for another night through a third party online travel agent. However, our inventory was depleted for that day and we did not receive confirmation that you booked the room. The same on-line travel agent was able to find locate another room. I apologize for the poor experience. Had you notified us that you were staying another day, we would have kept your belongings in the room as is and waited for your arrival. Nonetheless, we feel awful that you had to relocate to another property at 1 a.m. You have our contact information. Please call us if you need a room in the future and we will provide a free 1 night stay.

Anil

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hotel Mira Vista
#3 of 6 in Richmond
Marina Inn
Marina Inn
#15 of 20 in Berkeley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco? Share your experiences!