“excellent value, excellent service, A++”

Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Richmond
San Francisco, California
“excellent value, excellent service, A++”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

After reading through many reviews on bay area hotels I was trying to find a place to stay for a couple nights which is under $100, is clean, has good service, good amenities, and in a decent location.
This place exceeded my expectations for so many reasons. First, for $68 same day booking, there is no hotel even remotely close (in terms of price) that has all of the following.
King Size bed
free wifi
very clean +++
mini fridge and microwave
free cable tv
ac
a bathroom with no problems
room wasn't smelly
plenty of parking
outstanding customer service +++++++

I highly recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter D
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Peter D,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are absolutely thrilled to hear your feedback. Your feedback validates our approach: Provide the cleanest, comfortable room, at a great value.

Anil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
Wales, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My family and I were planning a trip to San Fransisco, and when we were looking for hotel accommodations, we couldn't find anything in the city for less than $200 a night, which was a lot more than what we were willing to pay. I looked a bit further out and found America's Best Value Inn in Richmond, just a few miles past the Bay Bridge and I am so glad we did.
It is a short drive into San Fransisco, with easy access to the freeway, and is located in a quiet residential area, with grocery shopping nearby. The room was very clean and comfortable (with mini-fridge & microwave), there was ample parking, and front desk staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending some of the sites not to be missed in the city.
We paid about a quarter of what I would have cost to stay in San Fransisco (not to mention the cost of overnight parking there) and teh extra money allowed us to do a whole lot more during our visit!
Highly recommended and will stay there again on our next visit!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason M
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Dear Jason,
Thanks for taking time to write a review. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Bay Area. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great value. Your review validates our approach.

Regards,

Berkeley
Reviewed April 10, 2012

When we stay away from home its America Best Value Inn Richmond,Ca. It's home away from home! The staff is always excellent n always greets us with a smile. Their Service is also excellent and Reliable. Something you appreciate when you stay away from home. I give this establishment a serious THUMBSUP! A GREAT PLACE TO STAY.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kelvin z
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Kelvin,

We appreciate the kind words. We take great pride in providing a clean, comfortable room for a great price. We appreciate you taking time to write the review.

Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Chicago, Illinoi
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a two star hotel so we were not expecting the Ritz (and did not get it.) But our room was large (two double beds with room to walk around), clean and quiet. We were supplied with shampoo and conditioner and hair dryer. Our room had a little refrigerator--we didn't need it, but it was there. Down the walkway I saw a vending machine for candy or soda. The girl at the front desk was very nice.

The number one rated hotel in the area would have cost $150 and this cost $67. Need I say more? I don't think I'd like to stay here for a week, but it was perfect for a short stay. Richmond is not the Bay Area's nicest town and has a terrible reputation, tho;ugh it has some nice areas. The hotel is right off the freeway and in a decent looking residential area. There were a few seedy looking characters in the hotel parking lot, so I imagine that on a weekend you might have some of the problems mentioned by other reviewers, but we were there on a Thursday night and all was quiet and fine.

There's no coffee pot or breakfast room, and no restaurant within walking distance, so you have to have a car. But there are plenty of good places a short drive away. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet, perhaps because it was recessed and not right off the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sharonov
ABVIRICHMOND, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Sharonov, thanks for the feedback. Our goal is to provide the best value without compromising quality. Our staff takes great pride in providing a clean and comfortable place to stay. In addition the amenities you mentioned, we are upgrading the rooms to add coffee maker and new bed covering in Jan 2012. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to write a review. We look forwarding to seeing you.

Anil Kumar
Americas Best Value Inn Richmond Ca
Elko
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We stayed last Friday and the place looks like it s meant for gang members. Yes the hotel is cheap but be wary that there are signs that say " Please lock your door". Yes the neighborhood looks like you are sleeping in the slums and you worry constantly if you car is going to get jacked. The room had to VERY VERY HARD BEDS and there is no give to the concrete floor. Its very hard. There is a window that seperates you from the counter clerk and I couldn't understand a word that she said. I will never come back because of the constant threat of gangs and being robbed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank karenkarenn
Hi Karen. Thanks for taking time out to post a review. We appreciate and welcome all feedback. I am disappointed you characterized the hotel as if it was meant for 'gang members.' I don't know what a gang member place looks like. I do know that even the most prestigious places usually have a sign that reminds guests to lock your car. Crime can occur anywhere. That said, we do take the safety and comfort of our guests seriously. During our last renovation, we replaced the beds in 50% of our rooms. We are planning on replacing the other 50% in 2012. As for security, we have not had any break in to any of our guest cars or have had property stolen from any of our guests in the 5 years that I have managed the hotel. Because of Richmond's reputation, we take added precaution in ensuring our guests safety is NEVER compromised. We have a great relationship with the city of Richmond and the officers assigned to our neighborhood beat. As a matter of routine, the police make at least one visit each night to serve as deterrent and to reassure the community. We also have 16 cameras that records all activity. You mentioned the constant threat of gangs and being robbed but you don't cite any specific incident or activity that would lead someone to think there is gang activity. I am sorry you felt different but respect your opinion. It's hurtful that you described the property as if it was meant for 'gang members.' I know of too many guests that would not agree with that description.

Anil Kumar
GM - Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond Ca

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Orange, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I was visiting my friends at San Francisco bay area for the last summer weekend. And I was looking for an affordable stay not too far away from San Francisco City. All the hotel properties in downtown SF were really expensive so I have to look out for something outside the city within the bay. I had couple of pleasant experiences with ABVI properties in California hence I decided to take a chance with ABVI Richmond. I was quite skeptical about the quality of rooms and services owing to the great prices they have. To my pleasant surprise my experience was extremely delightful. The rooms were clean and tidy, the housekeeping was prompt and good, the neighborhood was quite and the management staff was really helpful. Bed was clean, mattresses were of good quality, shower was clean. Upon request they also allowed me a late check out with no extra charge. Moreover its right of interstate 80 so is readily accesible. I liked this place so much that I decided to stay for couple more days and decided to comute 50 miles instead of trying a different hotel. Right now I am back in the bay area once again visiting a friend but regretfully the property was sold out so could not check into the same one again.

Bottom Line: Highly recommended if you are looking for a affordable accommodation with superior service and good quality rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Kalpesh B
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The room I stayed was clean... The sheets and pillows were comfortable as well as the bed... The bathroom was up to date and clean, with plenty of new towels... Air conditioning worked well. And, the room had two chairs with a desk... Plenty of hangers and a dresser... The bed was firm with extra padding... The staff was pleasant and were knowledgable of the area with suggestions for food around the area...

• Stayed September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hotel Mira Vista
Holiday Inn Express Berkeley
La Quinta Inn Berkeley
La Quinta Inn Berkeley
#8 of 20 in Berkeley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Richmond / San Francisco? Share your experiences!