“friendly place”

Cuisines: American
Pinole, California
“friendly place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

small cafe with friendly service and good home cooked meals. My husband took me there and I didn't even realize the place existed and have drove by it many times. We will go back.

Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinoi
“Don't Pass up this "Hole in the Wall" Breakfast/Lunch Spot--you'll be sorry”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

It's easy to miss Cafe McBryde. It's a small, hole-in-the-wall off busy San Pablo Avenue with no big signs, no splashy displays. This is an old-fashioned no-frills interior kind of joint. But it has the two most important things we all look for in a restaurant: good food and good service. The Asian lady (owner?) who waits tables and sometimes cooks is a delight. She's friendly, attentive, and luckily is very tolerant of children. On one occasion we came with our then 3-yr-old grandtwins, who can sometimes be noisy. We apologized but she assured us that all was OK. I've had a standard breakfast here, eggs ;& meat (excellent), my husband gets the pancakes (excellent), but from now on I'll only order the breakfast sandwich. The sourdough bread, cheese, bacon and eggs made a wonderful combination, and was very economical. Oh, the coffee is good too.
We've only had breakfast here, so I can't say anything about the lunch. But, since breakfast is harder to do, I assume the lunch is wonderful too.

• Visited November 2011