“not a favorite”

Sansei Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Reedley
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The service and soup wasn't so bad (I had the nice waitress) but the food was bland and boring. Many people rave about this restaurant so maybe my tastiest buds are the boring bland ones?

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The food is great BUT if you get the wrong waitress then it all goes down hill. I have been to this restaurant twice and have had the bad luck of getting the same waitress!!! I am sure I am not the only one that has encountered this problem with the same lady. If I were the owner I wouldn't want someone like her working for me. If it were not for the customer's this business would not be running and this waitress would not have a job, so why not be nice to the customer?

Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you get the wrong server your experience will be miserable and you will regret it. Otherwise the food is palatable.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We love Sansei Japanese Restaurant. Their food is always delicious. There is a small sushi bar and several tables. Items we get vary but usually include: sushi, gyoza, tempura, Katsu-chicken with teriyaki sauce over rice, sunomono, mizo, etc. Everything is always fantastic. The last time we went it was prime dinner time and very busy. We feel the food is worth the wait. The waitresses were moving very fast and getting everyone served as fast as they could. One waitress doesn't smile much, but the other is super friendly. One review stated they had terrible service, but I think it's the only restaurant of its kind in the area, so it will be busy especially during peak dinner times.

1  Thank DZ95
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Terrible service! My husband, son & I went to have dinner on a Thursday night. We were seated within 5 minutes but sat in the booth 20 minutes. During that time frame no one acknowledged us or even offered to bring us a beverage! We finally got tired of every employee walking by us, not even making eye contact, we walked out! Very disappointed!!

3  Thank Sheriff598