“Just average”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I went here recently as we had a gift certificate. The staff were friendly and we were seated right away. The main entrees come as is, no salad or soup unless you order it extra. Since we had the gc we did order a soup and a side salad. I was very disappointed in their "side salad" which is priced at $3.50. It was chopped green leaf lettuce with a few sliced olives on top. Nothing more. They only offer two types of salad dressing, Ranch and Italian. We ordered an appetizer of garlic bread. We were surprised at how long it took them to prepare it, and then when it came it was saturated in butter with a bit of garlic on top. I couldn't eat much of it because of the over abundance of butter. The food is fine, but nothing to boast about. We doubt we'll ever go on our own dime. Maybe the pizza is good, I don't know didn't try it.

There are newer reviews for Valentino's Pizzeria

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am the minority in town....everyone loves this place. We dislike it and vowed to never go back. Food is overpriced. Dinner will take well over 90 minutes- and you will be the only ones there. The wait staff is horrid. My husband ordered Minestrone soup to go... it was all broth with just a tad of ingredients. He called to complain that he paid $7 for that soup- they did nothing, not even offer to comp him $7 on his next meal. They have lost our business.

3  Thank Ninja_Mom_Hacks
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We have enjoyed eating here in the past when in the area. Although we enjoyed coming back, the pizza was good but not great. Although it doesn't apply to pizza, they do charge extra for splitting their other menu items. When ordering coffee with cream, they only had vanilla flavored cream or powdered creamer. Others have commented about the owners rudeness. We found them to be friendly and humorous, but direct. I guess that could come across as rude depending on your perspective.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This restaraunt has great authentic Italian. My grandfather was Italian and made a killer lasagna. Valentino's lasagna would be competition for him.

Reviewed April 22, 2011

Made reservations as a local church group (18 people) awhile back and were told we could not sit together, but across several booths. Even though there were several tables vacant in the front, we were told they were for "other reservations". When we told the owner we would leave and go elsewhere, she informed us to go ahead, which we did --- to Jon's Bear Club, who seated us quickly and efficiently.
Ate here recently (someone else footed the bill) and, to be fair, the pizza was very good. Didn't see the owner this time, but the young servers did their best.
Bottom line: food's OK, prices high considering it's pizza and simple Italian food. It's probably OK for 2-4 people eating together, but definitely not recommended for a group.

3  Thank chrisincalifornia