“Okay for a one night stay” 3 of 5 stars

Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Bern, Switzerland
“Okay for a one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

After we didn't find a free room on our way to Sequoia NP we decided to go to Reedley to look for a Hotel. We found the Edgewater Inn on the City Exit. We got a 2 queen size bed room for a fairly rate. The Hotel is okay for a one night stay. The room was large and clean. No problem with this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank comlab

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Stayed at the Edgewater for one night only while visiting family in the area for Easter. It's your standard two floor motel arrangement, much like Motel 6. Room rate was $75 ($81 incl tax). Had 2 double beds, room 114 on the lower floor.

About the only good thing was the plentiful parking. The room itself had an overpowering odor of Febreze or some other cleaner. One painting was missing from the wall, the tub had a permanent blue/green stain from too much cleanser used in the past (tried rinsing with hot water and a towel, but wouldn't come out). Beds were a bit hard and not very comfortable. Walls were paper thin and we could hear all the other hotel guests throughout the night (must have been a Saturday night party going on till 3:00 am).

The real kicker was the Trojan (still in wrapper) in the back corner of the shelf above the "closet" rod. Not sure if someone was saving it for a future trip...

We had stayed there years ago and it has definitely run down since then. Granted, there aren't many other hotel options in the area and we've gotten a bit spoiled staying at Embassy Suites and such. But I don't think we'll be staying here again.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Chocochef

Travelers are raving about these Reedley hotels

Reedley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

I went to Reedley to visit some family and had reservations at the Edgewater. When I checked in to my room, I was not impressed. The room was OK, but nothing fancy. The next day I went downtown to browse the shops and found the Hotel Burgess Bed and Breakfast. The friendly staff invited me to take a tour of the hotel. I was impressed, they left no detail overlooked. Each room is decorated with antiques and they are very welcoming. I was afraid to ask about the rates in fear they would be sky high. I was pleasantly surprised when I found the rooms to be only about $3 more than Edgewater and Hotel Burgess has a full service breakfast included with the rate. I checked out of Edgewater and checked in to Hotel Burgess. I was sad to leave, everyone was so helpful, I will be back.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ReedleyDM
san diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

Great place...great room..great price. only problem was loud A/C systems in the room but other than that it was a great location. Very quiet area..Great Beds too.

• Liked — Great Price
  • Disliked — noisey wedding guests
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank stephen40
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2005

I stayed at the Edgewater Inn in Reedley, and I was completely surprised. Not only was the hotel extremely affordable, it was also extremely clean!
The staff was very courteous as well, there were always plenty of towels and our room was always clean when we returned from our outings. The location was also very convenient. The hotel is located right next to a lake but heavy traffic was never a concern and, if the need arose, the city was about a mile and a half away. I would definately recommend this place to anyone who likes getting their money's worth.

16 Thank gonzo73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 13 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 599 reviews
Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!