“Edge of sanity”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel a lot for work, stay in all sorts of places and try to be frugal but I may have made a mistake this time. I got in late (9:30) and the parking lot was almost full. The gal at the desk was very nice but as I am parking my car (nowhere near my room) there are groups of men standing in a couple areas talking really loudly and cussing up a blue streak. Major F-bombs. Since it is late and I am alone I feel less than comfortable with this scenario. I get to my room and the furniture is old, worn and drab. There is a flat screen TV, a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. No clock, an ice bucket but I am not going out for ice, the bed is not comfortable and there are no table lamps by the bed. Instead there are can lights in the ceiling for each side of the bed. The free Internet is non existent. Signal is so low it is worthless. I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a good room here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Katie M

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am sitting in my room and there are some folks downstairs that have a BBQ going on their tailgate with music blasting. The folks in the office are nice.....but they can hear the music and see the smoke....so why don't they say something!? There is free Internet but it has been down more than it has been up. The staff were very friendly......but all in all I wish I had driven to Kingsburg and gotten a nice room where I could have gotten a good nights sleep and be sure my car would be there in the morning.

Room Tip: I got the master suite. It was okay and really good for 1 person or a couple.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lorilii
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Do not stay at this place ever!!! We thought it would be great to go floating and walk to the Edgewater to stay overnight and relax. BIG MISTAKE. The service was horrible to say the least. We reserved the biggest room they had, which was a 2-bedroom suite (which was attached to EMPLOYEE office) for 4 adults and 4 kids. The lobby was remodeled to look accommodating for guest, but it wasn't for guests, but for employees only. After a long afternoon on the river we returned to the room and several of us needed to use the restroom. One of our guest went to the lobby, where we checked in, and tried to use the bathroom in the main lobby. He was told that the restroom was for employees only, even though him and his son used the restroom when we checked in. After I complained about them not accommodating their guests, they wrote a hand written paper the said "employee only" and taped it to the lobby restroom door. I was upset that we spent over $150 for a room with one bathroom for 8 guests and were unable to use the lobby restroom that was located right next to us. After I complained they told me they would refund my stay and would be fine with us not returning to their motel. The rudest customer service ever. We ended up leaving immediately and had to drive 40 miles to get home. Also, the room had a patio that was covered with trash and junk. They shouldn't even allow guests to go on that patio because it is a huge health hazard. If you plan to go floating and need to stay some where, your best bet is to camp out at Kelly's Beach.

Room Tip: This place offers no amenities or accommodations that would help their guests enjoy their experience...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony Kelly H
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our first visit in Reedley’s Edge Water Inn. From what I’ve seen from the outside, years ago, they have really renovated the whole place. The rooms are comfortable, very clean and amazingly quiet. There’s a rather busy street behind the motel, something that I imaged would have been a sound hazard. But no, if not all, it looked like 95% of the rooms are facing off the busy street, no windows on that side, the walls are well insulated… you don’t even know that there’s any noise nearby.
I’d say that the only missing action in the otherwise very successful makeover, are the doors facing the rather quiet back yard (just as the one window). They, too, seem to be brand new, but they do not have much insulation – you see the sun shine through the cracks on the sides of the door. This seems to be a problem when there are noisy motel guests at the pool or walking into their rooms.
The staff is friendly; the included breakfast is very minimal… But we slept well through our two nights – and we will come back!

Room Tip: Make sure your room (window) is facing the back yard (not sure if the are any other ones..)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ErkkiK_13
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed here once before and both times the staff was especially helpful. They have done renovations since the last time I stayed, and everything is nicer. There is a pool, but it wasn't heated, so I didn't go in. The breakfast includes muffins, danishes, fruit, juice and coffee. The newspaper is free. It's a good value for the quality of the Inn.

Room Tip: Always choose the second floor in motels, so you don't hear footsteps above you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family stayed here last Father's Day. At first it seemed nice. Rooms were adequate, nothing special.
Then during the afternoon, it was over 100 degrees outside, I was laying on the bed in my underwear when a stranger opened my door with a key card the front desk had given him and T's him to stay in MY room. I felt very unsafe and violated!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Milady_Dd
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent the entire month of February at the Edgewater Inn while working in the area. We travel a lot for business and this was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are newly remodeled and are very comfortable and clean. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us with with our people coming and going. We do construction and big problem with the breakfast at most places is it opens at 7:30 or 8:00 and we are already gone. They open at 5:00 AM. I will stay here anythime I am in the Fresno area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank George C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Riverpark
Reedley Inn
Reedley Inn
#2 of 3 in Reedley

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!