“Use Caution”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family stayed here last Father's Day. At first it seemed nice. Rooms were adequate, nothing special.
Then during the afternoon, it was over 100 degrees outside, I was laying on the bed in my underwear when a stranger opened my door with a key card the front desk had given him and T's him to stay in MY room. I felt very unsafe and violated!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Milady_Dd
There are newer reviews for Edgewater Inn

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I spent the entire month of February at the Edgewater Inn while working in the area. We travel a lot for business and this was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are newly remodeled and are very comfortable and clean. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us with with our people coming and going. We do construction and big problem with the breakfast at most places is it opens at 7:30 or 8:00 and we are already gone. They open at 5:00 AM. I will stay here anythime I am in the Fresno area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank George C
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Must have been recently renovated. Carpet, love seat, bed covers look new. Lots of nice touches that I didn't expect in this price range -- love seat in addition to table/chair, curved shower rod to give more space, granite (or granite-look -- I'm not an expert) countertop, refrigerator (3' high), microwave, coffee maker, iron & board, wooden hangers - some with skirt/pants clips, hairdryer, portable luggage stand, curtains that actually black out the light so you can sleep in.

TV has 3 HBO channels including one showing family movies. WiFi is free and works fine. I was on for hours and only got bounced once.

Safe area. I'm a female traveling alone and felt very comfortable.

Would be great for families -- with largish refrigerator, micro, family HBO channel, extra seating and spacious room.

Highly recommended. I always intend to write reviews and never seem to get around to it. This one inspired me to actually do it, which is saying something!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Trav247
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the location was exceptional! The cleanliness of the room was excellent. Furthermore, the beds were extremely comfortable. I was very satisfied with my stay and I would definitely reconmend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The room was clean and had been recently remodeled. Shortly after 10:00 PM, the bathroom ceiling vent started pouring water. We dressed and went to the office to get another room. The owner checked us into another room 2 doors over so moving all our stuff was easy. After we got settled, we found that the heater didn't work. We bundled up with the blankets from the 2nd bed and toughed it out. In the morning when I tried to tell the wner that the heater was broken, he acted like I was an idiot and didn't know how to operate a reverse cycle window unit.

Room Tip: You're not as likely to have the room above you flood your room if you book a room on the upper...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The EdgeWater was exactly what we were looking for. Somewhere clean, spacious, safe, and friendly to stay while we were visiting family. Not to mention that the price was right since we were only sleeping there. The location was great for getting around the area. The pool, spa and playground are well kept and probably very useful in the summertime. Even though they are not pet friendly, I was able to get my kitty fix with the resident felines! Glad to hear of their renovation next year. This "older" property will really shine with some attention and upgrades. My strongest suggestion would be to add a breakfast buffet with some hot foods. They have a big beautiful lobby that would seat several people. We will definitly be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was our second stay at this property which should tell you that it is a solid, clean, reasonably quiet place that provides a decent value for the price. It is an older property that is showing it's age. There some deferred maintenance items such as partially clogged sink faucet aeration screens, missing sink stopper and unpatched cracks in the ceiling. Nothing that detracted from a good nights sleep in a clean bed which is what we were after.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!