- The hotel was older.
- It was not impressive, but it was functional and clean.
- We were on the first floor and there was no noise from any other rooms or the hallways.
- Parking was plentiful; we had no problem finding a spot near our room.
- Air conditioning worked REALLY well (I froze!).
- The room had a fridge and it worked fine.
- The pool looked clean and inviting.
- There was a little, gated-in playground area with lots of flowers next to the pool that my husband was able to let the kids play in while I repacked the car, which was kind of nice since we were on a rather long and somewhat kid-unfriendly road trip.
- Shower was okay; nothing to write home about (which is my general impression of the hotel overall).
- Short drive to King's Canyon/Sequoia National Park (which was our reason for staying there).
- Wifi signal was present but weak, and not strong enough for me to download a movie to the Kindle for the kids.
- The woman on the night desk was somewhat rude, but I'm easy going and I guess I probably wouldn't want to be stuck there all night doing nothing in that tiny office, either.
Overall, the stay was underwhelming, but it was only a stopover on our destination, so I can't really complain. My only thought would be that it definitely wasn't worth $80 a night (which is what we paid after taxes).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Edgewater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Hotel Reedley