“Not excited about this hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
“Not excited about this hotel”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family accidentally booked this hotel during their stay in California (they meant to be farther south on El Camino), but ended up staying all four nights. The room was fine and the cleaning staff also did a good job. However, every time we walked into our room we were hit with a very strong smell. It is hard to describe but seemed as if it had formerly been a smoking room and then the smoker smell had been masked by some other agent.

I cannot speak for the breakfast as I never had any.

It was difficult to navigate to the hotel as well, pay close attention to your GPS or be prepared to drive an extra mile before finding an intersection where U turns are legal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank krisvold
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thanks again for completing the survey. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, however there are some people that do break the rules. After these guest leave we do take several steps to clean throughly after they leave. I do apologize for the strong scent that was in room.

I do understand that we are a little tough to get to. I have made several attempts with the city to increase our signage however, have been denied every time.

I again want to thank you for your feedback. I will use this information to make improvements in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We arrived in Redwood City and needed to check in before noon. The hotel manager was very helpful and kind. The hotel is recently renovated, very clean, with super comfortable beds. There is a complimentary breakfast. Great value for the money, too!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Liva A
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks again for choosing to stay with us. I really appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to fill out a survey. I am truly blessed with the staff that I have.

We look forward to seeing you soon. If there is anything that I could do to make your next stay with us more enjoyable please do not hestiate to ask. You may contact me at 650-599-9636.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am a frequent business traveller and on this specific occasion I was sent to redwood city for a last minute work event. The hotels in the area were booked due to a local event however I was able to snag a room at the Comfort Inn after someone cancelled a reservation. After having travelled from the East coast and being in a long flight I was greated and provided excellent customer service while staying with Comfort Inn in Redwood City. The front desk staff asked me if I needed any recommendations for resturant delivery as they knew I had just landed from a long flight and it was late at night when I checked in. The front desk clerk also asked me if they could do anything to make my stay more pleasant or smoother which made me feel like someone actually took a second to consider my stress but were willing to go above and beyond to make my stay more pleasant. I would deffinitely come back and stay with this hotel because of their excellent customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank East C
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how your stay was. We really appreciate the nice things that you have said about us and we look forward to seeing you soon.

If there is anything that I can help out with here and please contact me at 650-599-9636. I will be happy to assist.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Room was very clean, good functionality for working in the room. I must mention the staff, they were exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

Plenty of restaurants within a mile walk. I will be back the next time in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KC_Chief2014
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thanks again for chosing to stay with us. I really do take pride in our staff in making your stay as comfortable as possible for you. In the future if there is anything that I can do make your stay better please dont hestiate to ask and we definately look forward to seeing you soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I frequently stay at the Comfort Inn in Redwood City for buissines and love it here it is my home away from home. The staff is always friendly and of assistance, and the rooms are impeccably clean. Great value!!

Room Tip: I preffer the rooms along the back wall
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank S M
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you very much for being a valued guest. We look forward to providing you superior service in the future.
Lodi, California, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean. The shower was a bit weak, but perfectly functional. I could have 4 starred my review, I could have very easily liked it... however, (and I unfortunately have no court-worthy proof) I do know I owned a Kindle upon check-in, I also know that I no longer have said Kindle. What's most upsetting is that it was IN my luggage, not out on the bed or desk. I have called the hotel, but have not received the promised "return call". I suppose I should take the "not leaving valuables in the room" to heart and merely pack up all my belongings and put them back into my car on a multi-night stay. That's right, it's all my fault, but this has caused me to dislike an otherwise likable hotel.

Room Tip: Tuesday mornings are trash day - ask to be on the south side if you don't like being awaken arou...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I feel that this survey is an inaccurate account of your stay. You have implied that our staff members have taken your Kindle, however this device was found accidentally left behind in your hotel room. The Kindle has since been returned to you.

My staff members have also provided you a promised return phone call in oder to let you know that you have left the Kindle behind. This call was documented in our hotel log. My staff members are all very honest and have been working with us for years. They have in this situation went above and beyond my expectations.

Alpa Bhas
Comfort Inn Redwood City
650-599-9636

Travelers are raving about these Redwood City hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I expected a bit more from Comfort Inn. Room has a strong disinfectant spell, especially in the bathroom and the reason why was probably to control the black mold that they painted over, but was coming through the paint anyways. Shower head was pretty low and water pressure was weak.
Besides the bathroom, the rest of the room was okay. Breakfast was average. Neighborhood was okay but not very walking friendly. A plus was Starbucks down the street.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EL_BOS
Alpa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for completing this survey online. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I will use your feedback and criticism provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Alpa Bhas