“Dennis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
Oceanside, California
“Dennis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The newly remodeled room was clean and spacious. The pool area and surroundings were enclosed from the street and private.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Excellent place and great location. The people in the office (especially Sam) were extremely helpful and polite. Very good with providing directions and any kind of information!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Sam, the Asst. General Manager, went out of his way to assign us an excellent room. Rooms are large and well-appointed with a recent updating. We arrived late in the day and didn't see the whole property but the pool area looked very nice with tropical landscaping. Location to SFO was excellent, so save your money and stay here with a short drive to the airport. The early a.m. commute was about 20 minutes to the Rental Car center. Lots of restaurants and shops in nearby Burlingame.

This hotel was a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Discusting is not the word tv didn't work sheets dirty room grubby & dusty and the bathroom, let's just say my family left with a nasty rash probably due to the black thick sticky mold all over the sink, floor and shower, was booked for 4 days left after 1 night too risky.
A continental breakfast as advertised on their website is a muffin, yep that's it A MUFFIN, very misleading
No iron, hair dryer or Internet
And try complaining what a joke, think the staff are used to it, couldn't care, so try getting in touch with head office? No chance the contact number they have on line is not in use & the number I got of the receptionist doesnt work either so if you have a problem? What do you do? Who knows? They don't!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Dawnozz

Travelers are raving about these Redwood City hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

At first the staff was friendly and we just drove 12 hours from Las Vegas to Redwood City, and well I asked to check in early and the manager said we have a check in fee and charged me $20 CASH but never gave me a reciept, when I asked for one he said its a tip so he can get the "hardworking" maids to get a room ready for us. I didn't mind this because I was running on no sleep and my party and I were exhausted, so we got our room and passed out...mistake 1 we did not check the room, when we came to one of our party screamed and woke us all up, the bathroom (once started with enough hot water and steam) becomes a roach mecca, roaches everywhere (have pictures and will put them up) we immediately went to the office asked for another room or bug spray he said they were full so he gave us "roach spray" we sprayed it all over the room and I noticed the label said "bed bugs" which leads me to believe that they also have a bed bug problem. In any case we went back to the office demanded a refund and miraculously 2 rooms were available in 10 mins and he gave us keys to 2 other rooms to check, well, the second room had only 1 light that flickered and was also infested with all sorts of bugs to choose from. Then came room 3, my sister combed that room like a health inspector and found rat droppings under the couch, roach droppings under every appliance, but no bugs, until she closed the curtains, then the critters came out to play, causing us all to storm out of the room, and head to the office, being 10pm the manager was gone and would not be back until the next day at 10am...figures...so I spoke to the night person who was useless and called expedia.com demanding a hotel transfer or refund and they couldn't do either without the managers approval, (the managers name is Sam Patel) and expedia gave me a $50 for the inconvenience and they booked me a room at the Ramada in San Bruno (which was an amazing stay by the way) and escalated my situation to the help desk of expedia to get my refund and I'm waiting on a call back, we'll see what happens, we only stayed in that hotel for 3 hours while the rest was tourism, but with that time we will cringe at the sight of any Days Inn, and I hope this guy enjoys a health inspection which is next on my list to call....STAY FAR AWAY FROM HERE!!!....spend the extra $50 and stay at holiday inn express or the ramada in san bruno they are WORTH every penny.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank alxandrl87
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

First things first - this is a cheap place to stay. It's not the ritz, but you can sleep in safety and quiet.

HEADS UP - PETS ARE $10/night

The good: maid service is attentive and polite, Sam will check in on you to make sure you're ok, the pool is nice

Bad: sketchy neighborhood, water heater is finicky, matters is one of the most uncofortable I've encountered; like a stack of cardboard - used my own instead

• Stayed August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stayed here one night when I missed a connecting flight at SFO, and was grateful that I did. Friendly, helpful staff welcomed me at 1am, and then guided me the next morning as to how I could get into San Francisco for an unexpected day of leisure. The room was clean with coffee maker (fresh fruit and cereal in the lobby); the rose garden was quiet and beautiful (hiding plants with ripe tomatoes!), and the simple pool and gazebo very restful. I resumed my trip feeling refreshed. Be prepared for a $50 cab ride to the airport, though, because there is no shuttle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo