“Average food, ambience, and service”
Review of Vino Santo Bistro

Vino Santo Bistro
Ranked #39 of 300 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family of two parents and two college aged daughter's went to this restaurant on a Sunday night right after the Nutcracker at the Fox Theatre. Admittedly, we arrived an hour early for our reservation because it was pouring rain outside. But even after sitting there for an hour and a half, only one other table of two people showed up. During Christmas season I thought this odd.
We found our food to be ok, that's it, no complaints, but also no raves. The best part of my meal was the fabulous cosmo cocktail I had first! My kids were so-so on this restaurant too.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just an average Italian restaurant. Bland food. Was charged fifty cents when we told them we wanted to share a salad. Prices reasonable, but there must be something better nearby.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I planned the annual Christmas office party and chose Vino Santo as the venue. I'd attended another party here and thought the food was very good and atmosophere was lovely.
Vino Santo exceeded my expectations !! The service was exceptional and the food (the menu consisted of the appetizer sampler and guests chose from the stuffed chicken, petrale sole, pasta and New York Steak and tiramisu or chocolate mousse for dessert) was delicious and enjoyed by all. Compliments were also made about the fresh bread and olive tapenade served.
If you're in or near Redwood City, this restaurant is worth trying !!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

my husband came across this place while working in redwood city. it was the first time i had great asparagus soup. the offer specials as well as a menu but we usually go for the specials. they have a small bar in back as well as a extensive wine list. many of the downtown area of redwood city shut their doors but the high quality of the experience here keeps customers coming back. it is a must try when you visit redwood city.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Since I work very close by, this is a great place for taking business clients for a great lunch meeting. As a diabetic, the seafood salad is an excellent choice for me and I use the garlic and olive oil served with the bread as the salad dressing - fantastic.