“Old World Charm”

Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Outstanding service and wonderful food. It is one of the few places where you can have great food and conversation without having to talk loudly.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The first thing that hit me when I arrived here is that the restaurant is located right next to K&L Wine, one of the best wine stores in the area. I expected the restaurant's wine list to be extensive, and I was not disappointed. The first thing that hit me when I entered the restaurant is how old-fashioned its decor is; way too stuffy for my taste (and for the taste of my guest, who is actually French). The service was very good, the food was very tasty (I had the roast duck, which was very well prepared), and the Chilean Carmenere wine had a wonderful bouquet. The final tally was high enough to sting a bit, so be prepared.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband's colleagues at Stanford gave a wonderful dinner for him at Chantilly's. The company was excellent and in every way possible Chantilly's was also excellent!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The restaurant has a Louis XIV kind of decor which is somewhat surprising in this area and as others have said, the average age of the patrons or the waiters made a mid life 40+ like me felt younger than I had in years...

The food is classic too with french/italian inspiration. Most of what we tried was very good with special mention to the foie gras and the tuna appetizer.

I did not notice the attitude others have described and although more formal than most places in California, we had a nice time and enjoyed the friendly service.

Their wine list is nice but I am not planning to ever use it again... The best thing about Chantilly is that it is next door to K&L wine which is one of the best wine stores I know of. Their staff is super friendly and knowledgeable and their wine selection is to die for... splurge yourself there, walk 10 feet, pay the corkage fee and you will turn a nice dinner into something really special.

cheers !

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Try the $30 3 course prix fixe meal and it is pure heaven. Quiet, elegant, wait staff European trained, and superb food.