“Best Pizza on the PENINSULA”
Review of Vesta

Vesta
Ranked #2 of 285 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This urbane and upscale pizza and Italian small-plates place is something the Peninsula has been waiting for. I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to pizza toppings, but even their more unusual versions--sausage with honey!--work like a charm and are absolutely delicious. Small plates are very good, too, although I thought the bare-bones meatballs would have benefited from a little tomato sauce. The owners are very hands on and extremely welcoming, and the lively vibe would be right at home in SF or even Wine Country. A great addition to the Peninsula dining scene!
Redwood City, California
“Best Pizza on the PENINSULA”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

IF you like PIZZA your going to love this place, this is not your ordinary PIZZA, SO if you Don't like Pizza, you might also Like this place, TRY their appetizers, very good... try it you will like it, just a wee bit noisy, but the ambiance is great.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank barbara b

Fremont, California
“Good vegetarian options, good service, great pizza”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice restaurant that has indoor & outdoor seating. Apparently, half their seating is reservable but can get booked up a few weeks in advance. The other half of their seating is open. We got there around 530pm & got seating but by around 6pm, there was a small wait. The service was fast. The pizza was good. After San Francisco'sUna Pizza Napoletana, this is probably the best wood fired pizza in the area - thinner & firmer crust, more cheese,& more sauce than Una Pizza Napoletana. We tried the margerhita pizza & the green olive pizza. The brown sugar lemonade was also good. Service was good. Good vegetarian options.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MihirMeghani
Atherton, California
“Wonderful afternoon (dog friendly) with everything well done!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I go out every Saturday with our dog for breakfast or lunch. We were looking for another option close to our home in Atherton, so we headed North instead of the usual Palo Alto destinations. Walking around in downtown Redwood City, we noticed the outdoor seating at Vesta and decided to give it a try. We were seated by Clark who was just great. He was so courteous and welcoming. Also, he was so sweet about Willy (our dog) being comfortable. Clark came back with a box filled with water for him and made sure it was replenished! Our server, Irena, was very nice as well and very knowledgeable about every item on the menu, both food and drink. She made sure we were well taken care of throughout our meal. The busboy, Philip, was on it as well always ensuring our plates were cleared and our water refilled. This place is the whole deal!
It was warm, so we started with a couple of draft beers that were ice cold. The sweet gem salad with dates and a Gorgonzola salad was made with such high quality produce and so impeccably dressed, I knew I'd be coming back on that alone. It was so good. i noticed a kale salad that was a special being enjoyed by many people who consumed all of it as i did my salad. So often restaurants make a salad that sounds good, but is just okay. On to pizza - we ordered the green olive (white pizza) and I had the burrata (red sauce). Here again, artisan pizza often just misses, but not these. The combinations of ingredients were perfect lending that extra depth in flavor to the pizza. The burrata is superb! It was so fresh and creamy. One of my favorite menu items. It was much too much food, but I was so glad we got to sample two of their pizzas.
The service is just outstanding from the moment you arrive you feel the warm and inviting welcome. The food is of such high quality that I had to comment about it to owner, Peter. He mentioned that they use locally sourced produce which I absolutely love and explains the freshness and superior taste. Don't miss this great restaurant. We wiled away a great relaxing lunch hour (actually two) just taking it all in. We'll be back together with and without Willy and for an afternoon with the girls!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Terrie K
Half Moon Bay, California
“Memorable discovery inTheater district.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Finding an interesting place for dinner before a movie was getting challenging so we had not been eating in Redwood City for several months. So glad we decided to try Vesta last week. The menu is a little confusing at first until you realize this is basically an upmarket pizza place with incredible salads and small plates! I had the special kale salad which topped every other kale experience to date (even my kale resistant husband loved it), followed by the brussel sprouts and a share of the sausage and leek "white" pizza pie. My husband had the charcuterie plate which was delicious and very generous. We were both extremely delighted with the meal.
I do want to add that it is a lovely old building with a main dining area in front, a small dining area towards the back and outdoor dining with heaters. It is very noisy as the manager/owner admitted and stated that he was planning to meet with someone to address this common problem. We will most certainly be back and plan to bring friends!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank footymum
SF, CA
“we'll be back”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We discovered Vesta this weekend and what a find. It's a block away from the Theater district, just a short walk for excellent pizza. The food was delicious and the service(thanks Natalie) was super.
We started with the Sweat Gems salad and then had two pizzas(red pie: Sausage & Honey, white pie: Sausage & Leek). The dressing on the Sweat Gems had just the right balance of flavors. The pies are cut in 4, so we each got to try both pizzas and we each had our favorites. I loved the Sausage and Honey, it had seraano chiles and was just a wonderful combination of tastes. The Sausage and Leek was very good also and two on my friends enjoyed it the best.
We'll be back soon to try something new on the menu. :-)

• Visited February 2013