“GREAT PLACE FOR GOOD PIZZA”
Review of Vesta

Vesta
Ranked #1 of 284 Restaurants in Redwood City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This urbane and upscale pizza and Italian small-plates place is something the Peninsula has been waiting for. I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to pizza toppings, but even their more unusual versions--sausage with honey!--work like a charm and are absolutely delicious. Small plates are very good, too, although I thought the bare-bones meatballs would have benefited from a little tomato sauce. The owners are very hands on and extremely welcoming, and the lively vibe would be right at home in SF or even Wine Country. A great addition to the Peninsula dining scene!
Redwood City, California
“GREAT PLACE FOR GOOD PIZZA”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

YES, this is not the run of your mill,Pizza, this is ITALIAN PIZZA , served in a very nice atmosphere, you can take your date here for Pizza,and feel like your having a nice dinner.

San Carlos, California, United States
“Fun spot, great pizza, fresh food”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our first visit to Vesta was with our good friends who had been before. Our friends ordered their favorite appetizers, broccoli and also meatballs. They were both outstanding. I ordered the marinara pizza and my wife had a salad. Was it good? We're going back this week because we enjoyed our first meal so much. If you like well made, true Italian pizza, give Vesta a try. You may have to wait, but it's worth it!

“Redwood City's Finest”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We couldn't believe the first time had dinner there - and the four times since! The service is really good - upbeat, friendly, knowledgeable - and the owner's are definitely invested in its success. They have been there every time we've gone, and they circulate and interact with customers all the time.

So, let's get to the food! Its easy to say that there pizza is fantastic and I will return to that, but do not overlook any of their starters or salads. In particular, the arugula salad is simple, but simply divine.And the grilled carrots are a must have. I challenge you to say you've had better carrots anywhere. If you went to the gym that morning, indulge in the Burrata - its is about the most decadent bread/cheese combo you will ever have. I'm about out of superlatives, but I can say we have never had a pizza we didn't love. I think the honey sausage and their special mixed mushroom where our favorites. The mushroom one was so incredible a) my husband was shocked because he says he doesn't like mushrooms and yet he inhaled this one, and b) we urged the owners to make this a permanent addition.

Don't overlook the desserts. My husband swears by the cookie dough ice cream that has Cow Girl Creamery cheese - go figure. Whatever you do, just go and enjoy and be thankful we have this gem in Redwood City.

Brenda

Bay Area
“Really Good Fancy Pizza”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm becoming more and more a fan of the simple facts-stating review. So here it is. There were four of us for dinner.
We started off with a salad. I think the arrugula and something, but I can't exactly remember. It was good nonetheless.
We had the meatball appetizer. They were so good. So moist and good texture/flavor. 3 meatballs to a plate, accompanied by arrugula and cheese, asiago maybe. $12 plate.
We ordered 4 pizzas. Yes, 4. We could have easily gotten away with 3. But they all looked so interestingly yummy on the menu, that we each ordered and shared 1. Sausage, honey, jalapeno 2. Sausage Leek 3. Margarita 4. Bacon Potato. By far, the sausage and honey was the best. It's not covered in cheese, but has melted balls of mozarella sparingly. And then honey drizzled on top. The drizzled honey on the cheese was such a fab combo. Next, Sausage Leek. The Bacon Potato was okay, not a fan of white sauce or bacon.
Wine: Malvasia. Super awesome $8 glass
Desert: Gelato, Dulce de leche and some other kind. Very good. I think they need to add canolis to the desert menu.
Close to $200 for the 4 of us, including tip.

Santa Barbara, California
“Brand new gig, great food, vibe, & service”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great pizza, great vibe, great service the two times I've been here. Note to kitchen, you might want to pull the vinegar back a notch on the salad dressing, it's REALLY harsh.

Loved the spicy sausage & honey pizza, enjoyed the buratta plate, got a kick out of the cauliflower. I like that the house made lemonade is not as sugary as many restaurant's and yet still tastes great.

I'll be back for sure.