“A quicky”

Description: Phone 650-365-2200
Redwood City, California
“A quicky”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This sandwich spot is a must try if you haven't. I really enjoyed my sandwich after the wait. Many types of meats and extras. Mostly they attract a younger crowd. Order sandwiches with fun names. Parking can be challenging so give yourself extra time.

Visited October 2012

San Mateo, California
“Good but expensive”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

As we were going on a picnic, we thought Ike's would be a delicious stop to make before we picnic. The sandwiches imaginative & tasty, but over priced.

Visited June 2012
Redwood City
“Ordering early is a must- it's worth trying, it might be your favorite sandwich place.”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I heard about this place from a friend who lives in San Francisco. She said she had heard that Ike's was quite popular in SF due to the nice variety of vegetarian sandwiches.

I called around 12:00pm on a Thursday and I was floored when they told me that my to-go order wouldn't be ready for 45 minutes. Wow! I told them never mind and hung up, but... I couldn't help wondering what is the craziness about? What is so great about these sandwiches? So I called back and placed my order and waited 45 minutes.

Parking:

sucks- there are about 8-10 spots in front of the restaurant, street parking is limited, good luck finding parking.

Price:

pretty expensive depending on the sandwich. Mine was $11+

Time Factor:

Ah yes, the wait. I'm sure you've heard about this by now. You better call ahead at around 11am.

Food:

I ordered the "Change" sandwich- Thinly Sliced RibEye Steak, Beer Battered Onion Rings, BBQ, Smoked Gouda

I am not usually a sandwich person- I ate the entire thing! It's saucy and really tasty. It's really different. I like different.

While in the restaurant, I commented to the waitress that they must have expanded from SF because they are so popular. She told me that they didn't have any other locations. I was confused- isn't this the same Ike's Sandwich place as the city? She told me that the other brother owned the one in SF and that they aren't affiliated any longer. Hmmm- interesting. They are using all of the same sandwich names and the publicity from Adam from Man vs. Food visiting the SF location.

Doesn't matter- the sandwiches are deliciously saucy and really good. High quality bread, fresh ingredients.

It's difficult to actually want to go back and wait, but I do crave the sandwich and I do want to eat there again- when I have time.

• Visited February 2012