My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 2 months this summer on an extended contract while we were working in the area.
- Great staff, extremely helpful with a wide range of requests.
- Beautiful bird sanctuary wetland right behind the hotel with nice jogging, walking trails.
- Excellent location for Oracle, EA, etc.
- Cookies everyday!
- Pet friendly! (And the maids were nice to our 2 cats.)
- Starbucks coffee & mixed complimentary continental breakfast
- Free highspeed and wireless internet.
- Good price.
- Walking distance to grocery store, 6 resturants, gym, bank, etc.
- Excellent access to the 101 Freeway, SFO airport, San Jose, etc.
- Did I mention that the staff deserves an extra gold star for treating us so well on many occasions this trip? They do.
- Good reward points program.
- Free parking.
- The area is a bit dead. Not the hotel's fault, just very far from an exciting place to stay. For biz travellers only, really.
- Workout facility is a B- at best. New equipment, but tiny, no weight machines, etc. Better off walking on the wetland paths.
- Nothing elegant or opulant about it.
- No pool.
A few further comments:
- As noted by others, yes, there is a tiny airport next door, but it's for little Piper planes and the like, and was never an irritation to us.(Occasionally cool to watch the planes take off from so close.)
- The wetlands walk seems to attract a few sketchy characters at night. A few homeless and men seeking men, I suspect. Might want to avoid late night solo walks down there... Unless you're seeking, I suppose.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott and Hotwire so you can book your TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores Hotel Redwood City