“Great for graduation”
Review of Best Western Inn

Best Western Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Pleasantly surprising room for the overall hotel rating:

1. Average not-hot continental breakfast: bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal

2. Great maintainance: I locked the channels when I was messing with the TV. The person working switched out the whole set out for me. Sorry I didn't catch your name.

3. Clean room: no icky-feeling floor, bathroom. No smoky smell.

4. Open to noise: most rooms face the pool, could here people talking as they walked by in the morning.

5. 500' to starbucks

6. Next door to Stacks. Nice place to grab real breakfast in the morning.

7. Close to Stanford: drove straight down to Stadium for the graduation.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Inn

Reviewed May 28, 2008

I really like this hotel in Redwood city. I stay their offten when visiting relitaves. BUT My stay in May was terrible. Several rooms were full of one large party. MY room was next to the swimming pool and the two rooms of each side of me and above were partying all night long yelling and swimming in the pool at midnight and hooting and howlering and saying real loud "lets party". I called the hotel clerk who was a very nice gentle men. I heard him twice ask the partyers to quiet down. Some how they found out i was the one to complain and the partyers started yelling infront of my door that it was room number ## that complained . It was very scary to say the least.. When i called the Hotel clerk to say i would have to go some where else. Mind you this is like 1am in the morning. The clerk said he would move me and that he could not get the drunk people to quiet down. I moved to an up stairs room . When I checked out at 6am the next morning the clerk gave me a ten dollar discount. Not a good night at this Best western hotel in Redwood city.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank RTaber
Reviewed October 8, 2007

We choose the Best Western based on the recommendation from our relatives and we were not disappointed. The room was clean and the bathroom was also very clean. The front desk folks were terrific and very accommodating. We thought the hotel was great and would quite happily stay here again. Added bonus of being within walking distance of our relative’s house was great.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ezgolf
Reviewed April 22, 2007

it all began when i called to make the reservation, the agent on the phone was very polite and so helpful. In a matter of minutes my room was book for the following week. when i arrived the property looked great newly painted, rooms looked recently upgraded. The front desk staff was so helpful as to helping myself and my husband to our room. i have bad knees and my husband is in a wheelechair so when the front desk offered to assist us we were very pleased. i would definatly recommend this place, and i would definatly stay here agian.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2006

Seeing that there are very few reviews of accommodations in Redwood City, one might conclude that few stay here. That's not really the case with the Best Western Inn. Because of graduation exercises, many rooms were booked and parking was sometimes tight. We checked in around 3:00p.m. and were told that our request for a quiet, second-floor room would not be honored because...but lo and behold the receptionist gave us our choice anyway; she would move the other guests to, I imagine, a noisy room overlooking El Camino (Hw 82).

Our room was OK. The bed was comfortable (probably up-dated) and the bath fixtures clean and shiny. Stains on the ceiling suggest that water leaks are common. But the most annoying feature was the droning of the fan in the bathroom. I'm sure others in nearby rooms were privy to our comings and goings. Breakfast was the usual "expanded continental" type, which offered packaged type pastries, bagles, juice, coffee, cereal (cheerios or raisin bran), and ripe bananas. On one day the orange juice spigot was defective. Stacks restaurant was indeed popular. Trader Joes is also six blocks up El Camino so you might be able to supplement snacks/meals since a microwave and mini-fridge share your countertop space.

I'm giving the place three stars because of the bed, the bath fixtures, and the price. If our room were higher than the $80, this place would earn two stars. It's a Best Western property and will do in a pinch for someone not too fussy.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank M-man11
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas
Reviewed May 8, 2006

Small buy very clean and all the amenities of full service hotel.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Garden Grove, CA
Reviewed September 4, 2005

...a favorite hotel that we frequent referred us as rooms near by were booked. The price was right and the lady on the other end of the phone seemed nice. The inn is right next door to Stack's Resaturant-a Menlo Park favorite. It is located on a very busy street with a liquor store located on the first floor. The pool is located in the back with plenty of parking. When arriving no one was behind the desk with another guest waiting for assistance. The hall way upstairs was dark and smelled of smoke and chemicals. The carpeting was frayed and dirty. The room was nicely laid out but needed new bedding. They were grey and with holes. The drawers had trash from past customers. The bathroom was very clean. The hair dryer could be up graded. This was a no smoking room but from the melted plastic on the clock and microwave and the aroma it was clear no one worried about the rules. A nice cleaning lady that I tracked down gave me a room deoderizer. The front desk gave us a complimentary toothbrush. Nice touch. The city seemed to shut down at night so the feared traffic noise never happened. It may of helped that the air conditioner stayed on all night. If low cost is more important than this inn is for you.

• Stayed: August 2005
Pacific Euro Hotel
#6 of 17 in Redwood City
Best Western Plus Executive Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos

Been to Best Western Inn? Share your experiences!