Having been to Redwood City on previous occasions, I was a little concerned when we arrived at this hotel. This hotel is not in the central business district, but more in a residential neighborhood on the outskirts of town. We arrived late in the afternoon around 6:00 p.m., and I was informed that my room was not ready. The clerk stated that they were short handed on housekeeping staff that day. The clerk made a phone call and we were given a room within 10 minutes. I do have to say that the staff was friendly and helpful even while dealing with this issue. The room was a pleasant surprise and included a mini fridge, complimentary water, marble flooring & countertop, and a nice sofa in addition to the beds. The room was clean and in very good order. The included breakfast was very minimal, but it did the job. The breakfast consisted of cereal, breads, yogurt, and a waffle maker (good coffee also). The problem is that the breakfast area literally seats 4-5 people at a time, and is extremely small. You're better off taking your breakfast to the room. There is a grocery store across the street, a fast food restaurant and gas station next door, and a great little Mexican restaurant in the strip mall next door - La Roca Mexican Restaurant. The clerk recommended this restaurant and it was a big hit with our group. While not in the best part of town, I never felt this was an unsafe area. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel and would consider staying here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the peaceful environment of Redwood City. Twenty-five minutes from downtown San Francisco, this pleasant community lies on the Bay Area's West Peninsula, adjacent to Stanford University and Silicon Valley. Redwood City is home to the pine forest of Huddart Park, a mountainous preserve which offers visitors a relaxing and picturesque setting for hiking and picnicking. Walking down Redwood City's cobblestone Main Street, one is able to get a taste of San Francisco style, while actually being in a quaint and small town. Cafes, novelty shops, and fine restaurants coupled with beautiful natural surroundings are the elements of charming Redwood City that will truly enhance your stay here. Your stay at the BEST WESTERN Inn is sure to be a memorable one in this picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Redwood City
- Best Western Redwood City
- Redwood City Best Western