“I'm coming Back!!” 4 of 5 stars

Pacific Euro Hotel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Redwood City
“I'm coming Back!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

This place I's great for the price! The only thing that i did not like, I's the people that stand I'n front of the place.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank brandyramirez
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
It was nice having you here at the Pacific Euro Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again. Thank You for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Mountain View, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

While the rooms were small, they were very clean (not sure how the previous reviewer found bed bugs) and had everything my girlfriend and I needed. It was a lot better than other places I've stayed and for almost half the price. The manager was great about letting us store some luggage and helping us with parking (there's a municipal lot right behind that only charges 25 cents per hour and you can pay for the whole day at once). It's near food, entertainment and really well connected to 101. Highly recommended for a cheap stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David J
pacificeuro, General Manager at Pacific Euro Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for your review. So glad you came and stayed with us hope to see you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is my first review for TripAdvisor and I'm doing this specifically for my August 2011 stay at Pacific Euro Hotel in Redwood City, CA.

Our hotel room definitely had bed bugs. My husband woke up at 3 am due to biting and itching sensations, shined a light on the mattress and saw the bugs. He squished one and it left blood marks, another tell tale sign of bed bugs. We also found bugs crawling in the towels. All together, we got 200 bites on our bodies.

We left the hotel around 4 or 5 am to head to the laundromat and there was no one at the front desk. We returned around 9am to check out and the clerk was very apologetic and said that this was the first he'd heard of bed bugs. I hope that's true and I hope that Pacific Euro Hotel takes all the necessary precautions with an exterminator, but I still felt obligated to share this with my fellow Trip Advisors since I use this service a lot.

If the bed bugs weren't an issue, I would say that the location, price, and management were above average.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MAS6017
I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you we have resolved the problem. Hope you give us another chance to make your stay pleasant..
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks and I must say it was well worth every bit. The room was clean and maintained. Fridge, microwave , shower, toilet and a sink. There are rooms their that do not have a toilet or a shower so you have to use the community ones down the hall. The Owner was a great guy and full of information about the surrounding area. Down town Redwood City is full of stuff to do. Friday nights there is concerts in the town square 2 blocks down and on wednesdays there is live jazz music right infront of the building for free. I saw 2 car shows there as well. Movies in the square too. Every thing you need all with in walking distance and the Cal train line is 2 blocks away so you could pay 5$ and get to san francisco in a hour or san jose. I highly recommend staying here if you a place that is reasonable and your not asking for too much. Parking was a breeze and super easy.

Room Tip: Best tip is to call and ask for a reservation then online. its easier to have your needs filled.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank You for staying with us and hope next time you are in town please come and stay with us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

On our way to San Francisco with no hotel booked we stopped at the less intimidating Redwood City where we managed to find this great little overnight stay.$44 inc tax we had a double bed, sink, shower, microwave, fridge and internet connection! This room was without a toilet but the one we used was clean and only a few doors away. Extremely helpful service with a call to check we were happy with the room and if we needed anything was most appreciated. Great recommendation for food with the Thai restaurant across the road.
Overall cheap, friendly and clean which is all you need when a traveller on the go. Thank you Al.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm so glad you stayed with us and hope to see you next time you visit Redwood City just give us a call. Let all your friends know about this little gem.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Stayed here for one night for about $40. Great place actually - the owner was very friendly and helpful. Given that everywhere else is much more expensive and the hotel is perfectly OK I'd recommend it without hesitation. You can park for free round the corner overnight. From 10am to 6pm it's only $0.25 per hour. There's a decent Vietnamese place across the road. The laundry worked well. It's a cheap hotel but it's clean and well run.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2009

This isn't that bad of a place. I ended up here because I was in between homes and they promised a DSL connection. They delivered.

The room was tight but it had a Murphy style bed that folded up into the wall for more daytime space. They also supplied a mini frig, microwave and had free decent muffins and such in the a.m. front room for free. The bathrooms were in the hallway but private after you closed & locked the door.

The size of the place and lack of windows sort of made it feel like being on some kind of space station but I never was hassled by anyone. There was a small market, bar and a few restaurants down the street. Amazingly I did NOT encounter any bed bug issue and I stayed here for almost a month. It's maybe 6-blocks MAX to Caltrain.

Everyone on trip advisor whines unless they are in an expensive Marriott even if they actually stayed at a Motel 6 or here. They all think they deserve the Marriott or Westin or something worth more then 39 stinkin' bucks a night.

No problems. Found a room to rent back in SF

BEST WESTERN Inn
#6 of 16 in Redwood City
4.0 of 5 stars 160 reviews
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores

Been to Pacific Euro Hotel? Share your experiences!