“Nice and clean BUT ... "... you should stay at another hotel that has a restaurant."”

Holiday Inn Express
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

The hotel and property are true Holiday Inn Express (nice and clean). But when I went to grab a quick breakfast at the free buffet (I was running a bit late) the egg patty was flooded with cheese which I don't care for. No big deal, I understand this isn't made to order. But as I checked out I made a comment how it would have been nice to have the option to add the cheese or not. A supervisor came from the back room and informed me that "they have to follow the menu." So I asked what menu? And was told it was a daily menu so it changed everyday. Then I mentioned that as a business customer, what I was looking for was a predictable (repeatable) experience so I can plan or not on even considering the breakfast. What I was told by the supervisor was "Well then you should stay at another hotel that has a restaurant." ?! Now I can't convey tone here, but suffice to say -- the tone of the supervisors response certainly didn't leave me the impression that my feedback was appreciated NOR anything to be considered.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
Collegeville, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

Personnel worthy of mention as they provided excellent service and very, very friendly and helpful!
Edgar - manager
Mirella - front desk
Melinda - front desk

Daniella - breakfast room supervisior (maitains all food/drink are available, fresh and the room is immaculate at all times)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Baldwin Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Two day stay Holiday Inn Express was super clean, quite, relaxing and graceful. I recommend this hotel to any out of Towner or local. The room was extravagant very impressive we choose nonsmoking and we got just that. Absolutely LOVED IT. The breakfast bar was PERFECT many choices. Loved it! Thee breakfast host was very caring. We will be staying here soon. Great job front desk, room service was right on the money. Love you ladies for all your wonderful hospitality Melinda and Mirella everyone Thank You. It's this type of service that’s keeps you coming back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Fresno, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

Written by
Cynthia Gothard
happygirl_cg@yahoo.com
I could not wait to come home and write this review. I have stayed at this hotel two times within the past year and each time it gets better and better. This last stay was the best. I was somewhat stressed as I was up in that area to see a doctor for tests. The first person/staffmember I saw was Melinda at the front desk. She was so happy and pleasant that her attitude was contagious. She was efficient and professional and aimed to please. We showed up a little early and the room was not quite ready. She told me not to worry that she will expidite the situation and get us comfortable in just a jiffy. She consulted with the GM Edgar Sandoval. They both got us into our room within minutes. Mr. Sandoval also was very pleasant and vibrant. I was in need of just a couple small things and both he and Melinda made sure that they were in our room when we got there. Throughout our stay, albeit a short one, they acknowledged us in the hallways in such a friendly manner, always asking if there was anything they could do to for us. Even the staff member who did the breakfast bar was so cute, polite and helpful. When we encountered the housekeeping staff in the hallways the ladies greet you with big smiles and good mornings. This was the best stay here ever. I will return due to the staff and the effiency of the GM, Mr. Sandoval. NOTE: I was impressed that the breakfast room had bio-degradeable cups and plates. This is a step in the right direction to help our world. Not only does this GM care about his clients he goes beyond this enough to care about our enviroment. I AM IMPRESSED! I will return when I come back to that area. TO THE STAFF OF THIS HOLIDAY INN AT 1836 EL CAMINO REAL......GO TEAM...AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKIN SUCH GREAT CARE OF US TWO. .(.I also like the new furniture in the lobby. The old stuff was depressing. New stuff completes the lobby)... BYE BYE..CYNTHIA

w

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Reno, nv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I would like to acknowledge Melinda at the front desk. Melinda was very helpful. She answered every question I had about the hotel and then some. Melinda was an absolute delight to talk to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Angels Camp, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I needed to make emergency hotel reservations to be with a very ill friend and, also to attend a funeral.
We were impressed with the service at the front desk. The woman who checked us in was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was a great addition and the selection of food was good. Also, the free parking was a plus because we have found parking charges to be costly.. The hotel is old but clean with good accommodations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank GHC
Swift Current, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

We have stayed at this location twice now for weeks! The Staff and Management are amazing! They have made our children feel like they are at home. They give them treats to bring to the room and to take on our flights. Everytime we stay there, they remember us and our daughter has surgeries each time. They always ask how she is feeling. The second time we stayed there, we had a tire blow out and two of the staff members. Mirella and Melinda, helped us out via our cell phone. They called a tow truck for us and even tried helping us find a rental place that was near to where the tire blew. Awesome service is all we have to say. We are staying there for the rest of our daughters surgeries this year and any trips we make that way. We will always stay there. They are close to many restaurants, shopping and markets. We are going back in July and have recommended this hotel to other surgery patients. Thanks to all the wonderful staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family