We spent 5 nights at this hotel with the wife and tax exemptions. Adjoining rooms. One King, two queens. Here is the skinny.
- Beds are really comfortable. I am picky about beds, and this place has really great beds. Along the lines as Four Seasons. Maybe better. I think they used the old beds, and got pillow tops for all of them. It works. Strange, I know.
- Front desk service - This is odd. Front desk service is really good. We had a problem with our room at check in. They immediately moved us to another set of rooms. No questions asked. Moved our bags, and set us up. This is complete contrast to the Bell Desk and Room Service.
- The room and bell service here is just terrible. I ordered dinner from Safron (local delivery rest.) and room service for the kids at exact same time. Took 90 min for room service to make one kids pizza, took delivery 30 minutes for delivery. Room service is terrible. I mean really bad. they should shutter the kitchen, and give delivery menus for local places to guests.
- Bell desk is unprofessional. we pulled our car up, and while opening the door to the hotel, the kids and I overheard a rather explicit discussion taking place between staff. highly inappropriate.
- This place is dated. TV's are all tube. Furniture, carpet.. the whole place needs to be updated. It's about 10 years out of date. Given the current economy, though, they do well with what they have. They do make an effort to keep it clean.
Overall, this is a good hotel. I would emphasize TRAINING, TRAINING, TRAINING for staff and frequent oversight. Something is painfully and obviously lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pullman San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Pullman San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel