“As always, pleasant stay”

Pullman San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is like what seems the 10th time I've stayed here. We stayed this time with our dog, requested a quiet room, and got exactly that. In the room we found a dog bowl, some treats etc. and a nice welcome note.

As always the good:
- Great bed, clean rooms (minus the carpet spots), quiet room, friendly staff, very calm surroundings, easy access to roads and freeways.

The only negative thing this time:
- the one time we actually needed the bell-man to open the door for us when had the suitcases with us, he didn't open the door as he was busy talking to some girls outside.

Room Tip: request a quiet room, as there are some louder areas in the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles D
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com .

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Pullman San Francisco Bay

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I like Sofitel hotels, but the Redwood City property is a far cry from Sofitel NYC. In the first place, it's in Redwood City, not San Francisco. Technically, the name "San Francisco Bay" is correct, but it's misleading. The good news is that Redwood City is what we wanted. However, it might confuse the next traveler.

The sink was almost completely clogged. (Didn't anyone notice?). Fixed promptly, however. The bathtub hot water tap jammed open. I travel quite a bit, and that was a first! Fixed promptly, but it took two guys to repair it. The parking structure works by room key, when it works. Cars back up while drivers swipe, swipe again, swipe a third time, etc. We ordered a small pot of tea and a large pot of coffee from room service, but got the reverse. Something was wrong with the coffee. It was undrinkable. Just gave up on that.

The Sofitel has a bakery/cafe, and the pastries are very good. However, it has no charm. (Think small hospital cafeteria.). We worked out a system to buy pastries at the cafe, and order coffee from room service. That worked well, except for the one bad-coffee day I mentioned.

This is an unusual review for me, because basically I think that this Sofitel is a pretty good hotel. However, so many small things went wrong that I've pretty much ruled it out for another stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Bonjour

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are looking into the coffe discrepancy as well as the reasons behind the plumbing issues you experienced.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have now stayed at Sofitel hotels in several locations and this one a couple of times. I always find the staff well trained, friendly and efficient. The public spaces are nice and well maintained. and I found the room to be the same. The size of the rooms are generous and well furnished. The beds are comfy and I love a duvet rather than a bedspread. Quality of the bedding is great. There is a coffee maker in the room allowing complimentary coffee before you start your day. Amenities in the bathroom are Lanvin. Self parking is reasonable and easily accessed much better than waiting for valet in my mind.

Room Tip: The windows in the room are rounded with a little couch which makes for a great view. Ask for a room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2015

Dear ,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I really love this hotel. The rooms are chic with style and all the necessary comfort, such as nifty night lights, desk, toiletries, robe, coffee maker. Love the duvet covers, so no wrestling with tucked in sheets and blankets,etc. (To the reviewer who said to bring your own top sheet: They wash the duvet cover, not the whole cover.)
The staff is super friendly and accommodating.
Like their exercise room with a view and proper climate control. Also found the shuttle to SFO a great added bonus.
My only issue is that the hotel now charges parking fees. Really? You're out in the boondocks, so that should be complimentary.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lagoon.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank travl4fun2
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Bonjour!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here while visiting some clients in the area. . . and it was almost more than I needed. I usually just find a reasonable hotel at a mid-level price, clean, decent amenities on quick travel like this ... I do not need much more. The Sofitel had a "hip" and active bar / lounge, nice lobby and great place to grab a coffee or sandwich .. Usually, a place with this much going on is priced a little higher than I'm willing to spend. But the price provided a very good value considering what I received. This will be my go to place when visiting clients in this area again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark M
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Bonjour !

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Although the staff is great, the grounds are nice and the bed was comfy, there are some concerns I'd like to share about our stay. The parking garage is open to anyone who wants to enter, even the local teenagers on their skateboards. A guest parking garage is not a park and should not be tolerated. They do post a warning that they are not liable which is typical but that does not mean they should allow non-guests to enter and stay. As for the room is was ok but not suite hardly a suite. The a/c was quite which was nice and the bed was comfy but they do not offer a top sheet but have a note that says they clean the top cover each day. Cleaning a feather filled comfortable everyday? That seems unlikely and if it's true, very wasteful. If we do stay again, I'll bring my own sheet. I also dropped something behind the bureau and when I looked behind it, I realized that they need to do some spring cleaning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonjour,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive honest feedback.

In regards to the comment about washing the top sheet, we wash the duvet cover each day. My appologies for the confusion.

If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Shajan T

HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#4 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!