“Great for a business stay”

Pullman San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel for an extended time during a looongg trial in Redwood City and found it very comfortable, with GREAT food and wonderful, responsive staff. Overall, a difficult work situation, but made much easier by virtue of the lovely hotel and its helpful staff.

Room Tip: Over the six week period I stayed on almost every floor in every kind of room--they were all equally...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Pullman San Francisco Bay

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The Hotel was very good and clean. The room was large and well appointed. There were waterbodies around the hotel.which was very beautiful. The taxi service from hotel was good and breakfast was also very good.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife is a travel writer. We had been in San Francisco on assignment and were returning. My job was to find a bargain close to the city as we had business in Palo Alto the next day. I chose the Sofitel due to the amenities, 3.5 star rating and value. It was a weekend night with a lower rate, and was booked through a travel site so the discount was good. When we arrived, we found a welcoming modern facility. I chose to self park for $20 a night which is normal for hotels in this area. At check in, we were upgraded to a top floor view room. This was unexpected as most travel site bookings end with me next to the noisiest alley on the property. The room was clean, modern, and got high rating from the whole family. Close to the airport and a great weekend base to explore from. Will stay here again when the need arises. Only downside was that overall construction was light and allowed outside and hallway noise in at a 3 star level.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay.

It is always heart warming when a guest leaves us a good review. It reminds us to continue giving the best quality of service that we can to keep making people like yourselves enjoy their stays as much as possible.

We hope to see you again soon!

Yours Truly,
Sofitel San Francisco

Reviewed December 9, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed December 8, 2013

very bad experience with this sofitel , normally sofitel has a good reputation about services and quality ...

Like gold club member ,I make a booking for 2 peoples for 3 nights and when we arrived on the room only one bathrobe,only one glass,one one small bottle of water and only one welcome drink...
At the reception I asked why there is only welcome drink ? answer is : only for the gold member , I said in this case don't make only one welcome drink , option zero will be better because why make this difference? the booking is not made for 2? ...and of course right answer concerning bathrobe , glass etc

I sent 2 emails at the director who never take time for make answer . may be he takes time only for platinium member ...

no fridge on the room , small room and very small bathroom

breakfast is very expensive no buffet available , you need to wait a long time , I am a fan of Sofitel hotel , 2 weeks ago I was on the sofitel bangkok totally differents and you received a very nice attention

I don't recommand this hotel at all

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour,

I am deeply sorry that your stay with us didn't live up to your expectations.

I would like to make this right so I will have my Director of Guest Services get in contact with you. Hopefully we can resolve the issues you had with our service and in the process prevent future incidents like these.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Sofitel San Francisco Bay

Reviewed December 4, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
1  Thank areukiddinme

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while in San Francisco. Excellent room and service, although they really should have a minibar given that it's a business hotel.

The heated pool was a real godsend, and a great way to start a day. Not only free internet, but an excellent connection at that.

About the only fault we could find was the $20 a night parking. This is Redwood Shores, not downtown San Francisco! To save yourself a few bucks, I suggest parking at one of the business carparks nearby. There are the usual signs threatening to tow away your car for parking at these lots, but seriously, I doubt it's ever enforced. At least they didn't when I parked there.

As a result of the hotel management deliberately fleecing customers for parking, I only give this property 4 stars.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour,

Thank you for your honest opinion of our hotel. We work hard to maintain our facilities here at Sofitel and we have recently upgraded our internet speed. Another part of the hotel that needs maintaining is the car park. The $20 per day fee that you pay goes directly into a fund to maintain the car park and provide security features to help protect our patrons' vehicles.

I hope that helps you understand why we charge for parking.

Thank you for staying with us!

Yours Truly,

HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#4 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!