“Outstanding staff and customer service”

Pullman San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business travel and have found the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff to be the best I have ever experienced. The hotel is just 10 minutes south of the San Francisco airport and a good choice if you want to be near the airport or if you have business in the nearby area. Many of the rooms face a very picturesque lagoon. The suites are very spacious and all of the hotel's beds are extremely comfortable. The staff always go the extra mile and warmly greet me when I visit.

Room Tip: All of the suites are spacious and quiet and any of the rooms facing the lagoon have a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MK_dogdad
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a glowing review. We are very proud to have provided you with the best service you have experienced. We are always committed to bringing the utmost quality of service to our guests. Reviews such as yours keep us motivated and excited about attending to any of our guests' needs.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Yours Truly,

Sofitel SF

There are newer reviews for Pullman San Francisco Bay

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Whenever I have to travel to Redwood City for work, Sofitel is my favorite hotel. The rooms are spotless, the services is great and the bed is THE BEST. But during my recent trip, the staff went above and beyond good service. Unfortunately I started experiencing tremendous abdominal pain that evening. The staff (I wish I had names!) was extremely helpful and offered 911 but I requested a cab. A cab immediately came to take me to the ER. Several hours later, I called back and explained that I may be admitted and asked them to pack my belongings and I would send a friend for my things. Over the next several hours, the situation changed and I was now being released. When I arrived back at the hotel, I asked for a later check out time so that I could rest until it was time to leave for my flight back home. Later they helped me to get a cab who took me to the pharmacy then to the airport. Everyone was extremely accommodating and helpful. I am so grateful for everyone's help while at Sofitel.

1  Thank MissEnzyme
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Bonjour,

I am very glad we were able to help you in such adverse circumstances. I am also glad that you were able to be released quickly and that it wasn’t something more serious.

Our staff is fully committed to helping our guests no matter what situation may arise. I will ask around to find out who assisted you so I may personally thank them.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank dlf_fla

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This bay area hotel has been a bit long-in-the-tooth in the past. However I discovered on a recent stay that they have been updating the rooms. lobby and restaurant. Given the proximity to the airport and local tech companies and the consistently good service, I will definitely pick Sofitel on my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for newly updated rooms.

Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in being one of the top hotels for local and visiting business people. With many tech companies right next door and easy access to those which are farther away, our guests are always satisfied with their commute.

We are constantly improving our hotel in many different ways. Tell us about the new things you enjoyed during your next stay at Sofitel!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Used the Sofitel for a short business trip. Very close(walking distance) to Oracle in Redwood Shores. Decent food, bar. Small but pleasant out door pool area didn't use the gym but it looked OK. For some R&R flew over the local landmarks with Gabe at flybayarea.com based down at San Mateo airport, 10 mins walk from the hotel. Room spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. Very comfortable!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon633

Bonjour!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our signature Sofibed has satisfied countless weary vacationers and business people by providing a very comfortable place to rest after a long day.

An aerial tour over the Bay sounds exciting! I may have to try that myself.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a trip paid for by work so I didn't have a choice of hotel. On the plus side - Sofitel really has amazing beds, sheets and they are clean and nice. On the other hand it is always funny that the things that are free in cheaper hotels such as Internet or breakfast you end up paying for in a more expensive hotel. The hotel has two internet services - one that is free and very, very, very slow...and one that is really expensive and probably fast. The location is great for business, but really terrible if you want anything else. Around you there are only office buildings and the highway. This place without a car would be terrible (by the way, guest parking is very expensive!)

Bonjour!

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you were dissapointed in our internet service, we are currenty upgrading to a new faster ISP to counteract this issue.

A common trip our guests take is riding the airport shuttle to SFO and then taking BART to the city. This provides a cheap and easy way to explore San Francisco. On your next stay I encourage you to speak with our seasoned concierge, Randall Relova, and he will tell you about all of the local hotspots and attractions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#4 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!