“Sleepless in Redwood City”

Pullman San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 14, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This bay area hotel has been a bit long-in-the-tooth in the past. However I discovered on a recent stay that they have been updating the rooms. lobby and restaurant. Given the proximity to the airport and local tech companies and the consistently good service, I will definitely pick Sofitel on my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for newly updated rooms.

Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in being one of the top hotels for local and visiting business people. With many tech companies right next door and easy access to those which are farther away, our guests are always satisfied with their commute.

We are constantly improving our hotel in many different ways. Tell us about the new things you enjoyed during your next stay at Sofitel!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Used the Sofitel for a short business trip. Very close(walking distance) to Oracle in Redwood Shores. Decent food, bar. Small but pleasant out door pool area didn't use the gym but it looked OK. For some R&R flew over the local landmarks with Gabe at flybayarea.com based down at San Mateo airport, 10 mins walk from the hotel. Room spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. Very comfortable!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Simon633

Bonjour!

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. Our signature Sofibed has satisfied countless weary vacationers and business people by providing a very comfortable place to rest after a long day.

An aerial tour over the Bay sounds exciting! I may have to try that myself.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a trip paid for by work so I didn't have a choice of hotel. On the plus side - Sofitel really has amazing beds, sheets and they are clean and nice. On the other hand it is always funny that the things that are free in cheaper hotels such as Internet or breakfast you end up paying for in a more expensive hotel. The hotel has two internet services - one that is free and very, very, very slow...and one that is really expensive and probably fast. The location is great for business, but really terrible if you want anything else. Around you there are only office buildings and the highway. This place without a car would be terrible (by the way, guest parking is very expensive!)

Bonjour!

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you were dissapointed in our internet service, we are currenty upgrading to a new faster ISP to counteract this issue.

A common trip our guests take is riding the airport shuttle to SFO and then taking BART to the city. This provides a cheap and easy way to explore San Francisco. On your next stay I encourage you to speak with our seasoned concierge, Randall Relova, and he will tell you about all of the local hotspots and attractions.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

When I first arrived at the hotel I was pleased to see a bar near to reception and a nice pool area overlooking the bay. Staff at reception were a little lacking in warmth, but nothing bad, just a little flat. The room was also fine - standard, but fine. It was late after a long flight, so I ordered room service. This was my first mistake. The meal I ordered turned up - delivered by a lovely, friendly woman. Being jet lagged, I didn't immediately notice, but all of the vegetables to accompany the duck were the wrong vegetables. I finally twigged and phoned room service - my second mistake. They quizzed me and promised an exchange. Within 10 mins, the same lady, now not quite so friendly, delivered the replacement. In place of the wrong vegetables were the right vegetables, but uncooked. Worse still, the very nice duck had been replaced by inedible, uncooked duck (in a cartoon, it would have spoken to me from the plate), which I couldn't eat. I didn't have the energy to ask for a third attempt and instead consoled myself with the thought that a stomach full of duck is probably not a good thing after a long flight and dumped the meal outside the door. My third mistake. I now had an unresolved issue with the hotel, which blackened my perception of everything they did. And now I have had to go through the therapy of writing a review that witters on in the hope of seeking closure. Sofitel, do you see what you have brought me to? Anyway, my advice, it's an isolated hotel without good service. Don't go.

2  Thank HughB15

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Sofitel. I appologize for the trouble you had with room service, we try our best but sometimes mistakes are made.

Should you wish to speak with someone directly about your stay, you can reach us at h0922@sofitel.com. We hope you will reconsider your opinion of us.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice and charming staff coupled with terrific amenities make this my absolute favorite place in bay area. I don't mind driving to city because the place is so beautiful. Have a drink. Enjoy yummu French pastry. C'est magnifique!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank O T

Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always look forward to the positive remarks our guests have to say about us.

At Sofitel we bring French elegance and style to the local Bay Area culture. One of the ways we do this is by baking traditional French pastries and treats in our Market cafe.

Life is Magnifique!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Prior to moving to the area I frequented this hotel a few times. For the area its well priced and you certainly get your moneys worth. I can't imagine the Four Seasons Palo Alto being able to justify an extra $400 per night. The Sofitel has nice sized rooms and comfortable beds. I stayed in a Jr Suite and it was more then enough room for 2 people. The hotel has its own parking garage making it easy to get in and out with your car. Nice location for business in the valley and downtown. Highly recommend

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your accomodations in our Junior suite.

Here at Sofitel, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide excellent service to business people and travelers alike.

We appreciate your recommendation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
Courtyard Redwood City
Courtyard Redwood City
#11 of 17 in Redwood City
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!