“Always a great stay ata Sofitel San Francisco/Redwood City”

Pullman San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I usually visit this place once a month as its very convenient to my HQ office. The rooms are a really good size, and staff are always very friendly and attentive. I once got a room next to the elevator (pretty noisy during the night), and complained - they moved me straight away and since then I am always situated as far away from the elevator as possible (very good CRM!). Bar is small but again staff are great. Restaurant is good although menu doesnt change frequently which becomes a little annoying if you travel alot! Even has a nice sized pool. Great stop over place although if you are using as a base to get to the city it is a little far away. For a 4* hotel I think this offers great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask if you are near the elevator, can be noisy during the night so as long as you are 3 rooms away i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Bonjour!
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoyed the service, the ambience of the hotel and to see the staff has been efficient and gave you another room to have a quiet stay with us.
I won’t forget to give your feedback to the Chef regarding the suggestions on the menu and the frequency of the changes.
I will share your comments with the rest of the team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff here are true professionals, they know what they are doing and they do it well. We stayed here for a week for my husband's work and this hotel is very clean, modern, well equipped and is run very well to make it easy for guests to get on with their day. It is a little isolated but the front desk offered to organize a rental car and Enterprise dropped the car off for me and picked it up a week later - no problems at all. All the meals we had were very good and the wait staff were friendly, the prices are a little high but it's a hotel so it's not a surprise.
We always stay in a room with a safe but due to the recent renovations the regular rooms don't have safes yet so we had to upgrade to a suite, it was nice to have the extra space and they didn't charge much for it so we were happy.
We will stay here again, it's nice to stay in a hotel that is so well run.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour!
The entire Sofitel San Francisco Bay team would like to THANK YOU for your lovely message and great compliments.
It is really a great reward for all of us to see how deeply you enjoyed staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our luxury service. I am glad to see you could enjoy the our Front Desk Services. If you have the opportunity to come back to the Sofitel San Francisco Bay, we will do our best to fulfill any request that you may have.
Thank you again for choosing us and for taking time to share your experience. We hope we'll have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon to Sofitel San Francisco Bay.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while working in San Mateo. I was very pleased with the service and helpfulness of the staff. The only downside is that the standard rooms do not have safes at present. So if you want a safe in your room you have to upgrade to a suite or wait until September when apparently they are being installed. Very quiet location to chill out, but no external restaurants nearby. A car is a wise choice if you are here for any length of time and can be organized through the front reception. Will come back.

Room Tip: Further away from the elevators is more quiet and where they put the cabin crews who stay here
Bonjour!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Regarding the safes indeed we are working on it but we have also some safes available at the front desk for guests are staying in regular rooms.
For your next stay if you would like to rent a car the Concierge or the Front Desk can rent it for you. The rental car's company who is working with us can deliver the car directly to the hotel and they can come to pick it up.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

John Hutar General Manager Sofitel San Francisco Bay, California
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed there on two different occasions (business trips), and have found the guest rooms consistently very restful. My most recent stay was mid July this year.

The lobby and the bar/lounge areas are very echo-ey, and having dinner in the adjacent area was not as relaxing as it should be. Not for people looking to have a quiet dinner at the end of a long day at work or those wanting to have intimate meals. Our waiter was excellent, though, and that was consistent with the Sofitel quality we have come to expect.

The vegetarian dinner was pricy enough, but nothing special. I would have expected this dining room to outdo what I would make at home. Perhaps the chef skimped on one of the special ingredients that made the item alluring on the menu page in pursuit of "subtlety"???? The veges were overcooked and one-dimensional. I didn't make an issue of it because I was tired and needed to finish dinner and get to sleep. I did appreciate the offer of a couple of vegetarian options.

I had trouble with room wifi on the second night - and the hotel staff provided the timely help I needed. I had no problem the first night, but on the second day when I selected the hotel wifi my laptop was showing good signal strength, but the Internet heading on my laptop was showing "no Internet access" and I was not able to even get to the hotel website. The guest services sent for help and the staff came up to my room to help, but seeing what was going on called the provider and got them to rectify things from their end. It was timely and efficient help. That was just the second day and I never had the same issue again.

This is a professionally run hotel, on the whole excellent for business travelers with professional expense accounts.

1 Thank Naoko K
Bonjour!

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback in order to help us to improve our service. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I will not only share your comment, with our Chef, regarding to our vegetarian menu but I will also make sure it is up to Sofitel’s food standards. Moreover, please accept my sincerely apologies for the troubles you encountered with the Wi-Fi connection in your guest room. I am thrilled to hear that the front desk was efficient enough to fulfill your needs. We hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
Pacific Euro Hotel
Pacific Euro Hotel
#6 of 17 in Redwood City
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!