“Beautiful area”

Pullman San Francisco Bay
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a very nice experience in this hotel, the area is beautiful, very quiet and relaxing. Staff is very friendly, cafe in the lobby in fantastic-a lot of healthy choices there.Very well maintained and clean, nice ambience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nellyDubai
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Bonjour!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am thrilled to read you have enjoyed our suggestions at the Market, some of them are french, so a kind of exceptions in the Bay Area.
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
General Manager Sofitel San Francisco Bay, California

There are newer reviews for Pullman San Francisco Bay

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am staying here for a week for a -solo- flash work related trip (this is day 2 of 7). The service is OK, place is nice but the restaurant menu... the most boring and pretentious menu I've seen in a while. I am struggling not to order a burger or a new york steak, the rest of the menu consists in salads and though I haven't tried the sea food yet at this point I doubt it will worth my time (there is no pasta at the menu either). I am from Spain, the waiter suggested paella... really? paella? - the most annoying waiter ever - kept coming back to the table every 5 minutes to check if I needed something, PLEASE LET ME EAT IN PEACE. So far the experience hasn't been great, I feel ripped off and I am not even paying (the company I work for does). And the new york steak isn't great either so I am running out of options pretty quick, I'll keep hitting the menu all week long until I find something I'll enjoy eating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank whereToNextNext
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for our wedding night. I reserved the room with a special request of "it's our wedding night!". When we showed up, the room was made up for us with a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries that had "Congratulations!" written in chocolate. The Sofitel staff treated us really well and made our special night even better. The lounge and bar here is always top notch. If you want an upscale place to stay on the peninsula, Sofitel is an excellent choice.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. A wedding is a special day, we just wanted to make a special stay ! Congratulations on your wedding!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We're huge Sofitel fans and often stay at this one when we want to have a nice date night out of the city.

Its clearly a business hotel but still has all of the typical Sofitel perks. The bar is great and all the food is wonderful in the morning, including the grab-and-go cafe in the lobby.

Every time we've stayed there the people at the front desk have been helpful and pleasant, although the bar staff can sometimes be a bit low key.

They also allow pets (if you care about that sort of thing).

Recently they have stared to charge for parking, which is absurd given the location and the prices they're charging.

1  Thank SirStick

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you are a loyal Sofitel guest.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel - well maintained both inside and outside, and located along a scenic lagoon. This stay was for a single night only as I attended a conference at the Oracle office, but upon arrival I was given drink tickets, and had a snack waiting in my room - excellent after a long day of flying.

The only problem I had was that I'd placed my boss's reservation under my name as well - and he arrived two hours before me. As it was under my name, they didn't let him check in - understandable and actually a good safety measure!

My only recommendation is to have a car when you visit - there isn't much nearby to eat or shop at nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff R
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We are stern on the safety measure but please accept my sincerly apologies for your boss because we know it's never pleasant to wait for check-in.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My impression from reading other information was that this would be a good hotel near the airport. There's nothing really wrong with the hotel but it didn't have the same level of comfort that we had come to expect from Sofitels in Asia. The elements were there but not the ambiance or cohesiveness of the overall experience. That being said, the details. You have to call for the airport shuttle after you arrive at the airport. It runs only once an hour leaving the hotel on the hour. We watched all of the other shuttles for hotels I had considered cycle through (some twice) before ours arrived. Unless you are just going back to the airport, you will need a car. The hotel does not provide transportation to the local train station. When I inquired about taking BART to San Francisco, the concierge told me that for two people, renting a car would be a cheaper alternative as a one way ticket was $18 per person and a taxi to the station would be $10-12. Unfortunately the concierge didn't have any info on renting cars although she said Enterprise delivered to the hotel. Self-parking at the hotel is $20 per night which is a little offensive since the parking garage is only for guests, there are no other transportation options and the location is not in an area where parking is unheard of. The shuttle driver, when he came to the airport, was very nice and offered us bottles of water.

Our international flight came in at 10 pm. By the time we checked in at the hotel, it was close to midnight. Apparently all outside food deliveries cease at 11 pm on weeknights. We finally opted for room service. The late night menu was limited but the veggie sandwich was surprisingly good for that time of night. Room service breakfast the next morning as also very tasty. We had both eggs and pancakes with no complaints.

The room was VERY quiet and the bedding very comfortable. The room had a complimentary coffee maker. The bathroom could use some renovation. There were black parts of the grouting and the tub looked old. The two shower head options were very nice as was the water temperature. There was an empty standalone refrigerator and nice bathrobes. We found the complimentary internet sufficient for email, internet browsing and whatever online game my son was playing.

After renting a car to go to the city, I found the hotel easy to find on the return. There are small eateries, a grocery store and a drug store within a mile but not on the way to the hotel. My impression is that the hotel is located in a business area. To get the hotel from highway 101, you turn right at the Oracle building.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SEAPexplorer012
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Sadly, I was only here for one night with my newlywed husband. Our room was huge - foyer, living room with Keurig coffee maker, big bathroom with separate bathtub and shower, and king bed with the softest mattress, pillows and comfortable imaginable. There is a lovely view of the lake from the patio area, where the pool is also located. The location is isolated, which is good or bad depending on what your looking for. (Good for relaxation, bad if you are looking for tourist attractions.) At $145/night, I thought it was well worth the price.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Bonjour!

The entire Sofitel San Francisco Bay team would like to THANK YOU for your lovely message and great compliments.

It is really a great reward for all of us to see how deeply you enjoyed staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our luxury service with French flair.

Thank you again for choosing us and for taking time to share your experience. We hope we'll have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon to Sofitel San Francisco Bay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#4 of 17 in Redwood City

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!