I suppose my expectations were high since this hotel is billed as a "luxury" hotel but I found nothing special about it, at least nothing to set it apart from other hotels (especially budget hotels) that I've stayed at before. I was at this hotel for a conference in early May 2013. They are currently undergoing renovations, which was apparent. I believe my room had been recently renovated but given some still-visible wear, particularly in the bathroom, I wasn't certain.
The stay did not start out well for me. I knew they had a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel, which is a nice touch. However, I did NOT know that you had to call to arrange for the shuttle to pick you up. After waiting for a half an hour at the hotel shuttle stand, I finally called and was told you had to call ahead for this service. There were several of us on the shuttle from the airport and I heard the driver radio ahead to the hotel. So, I was surprised to find only one staff person checking people in as they were aware, in advance, that the shuttle was full. Why would they not then be prepared to check all of those people in upon their arrival? A staff member walked the line and apologized for the wait, saying someone else would be there soon to help with registration (although I wondered why she didn't so herself but I chose not to ask). I was part of the group putting on the conference and registration staff was supposed to hand out a postcard of an event taking place, which did not happen in my case (event planners - just a note for you if you are considering this property for a conference).
The room was nice enough. The bed was comfortable but take note that there is no top sheet - the duvet essentially serves as the top sheet. I did like how that they have two shower heads in the bath and the bamboo makes it a bit homey. The hot water supply was fine when I needed it. They offer toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, body wash, etc.
The staff was OK, although some weren't particularly friendly. The food was good enough, but expensive (not surprising) but the menu is limited. This hotel, despite the name, is NOT particularly close to anything in the way of other restaurants and nightlife and is certainly not close to San Francisco.
When I think of "luxury" with hotels, this is not a hotel that would come to mind in that category. For a conference, it was fine but if you are paying more than $179/night (the conference rate) I don't think it would be worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pullman San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel