My colleague and I were a bit disappointed to find our rooms were not ready when we checked in (we'd asked for EARLY check-in due to tight timelines to get ready for our meetings, but the rooms weren't even ready by the normal check-in time), but after that initial moment, everything at the Sofitel was great. The hotel and events staff were extremely friendly and accommodating to my colleagues and I and our requests, and the meetings went very smoothly as a result, with outstanding food and A/V services.
The common areas are beautiful, particularly the bar/lounge area with its tropical cabana-like atmosphere (and can I just say, I might have had the best mojito of my life there!). The outdoor area near the pool is beautiful as well, and is right on the water.
My room, an upgraded suite, was on the top floor and was huge and absolutely stunning. The meetings I was in charge of were a bit stressful, so it was absolutely wonderful to have a clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable room to come back to. And the shower was maybe the best I've experienced at a hotel, with powerful water pressure like a fire hose (I consider this a GOOD thing, especially after a long and trying day!).
The location, right on the water (an inlet from the Bay, I believe?) was nice, although it was not QUITE as close to the airport as I was anticipating (about ten miles, and a fairly lengthy cab ride - be warned that the airport shuttle only runs once per hour!). Overall, I was impressed by this Sofitel and would definitely stay/conduct business there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pullman San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pullman San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel