Pullman San Francisco Bay
Holiday Inn Express(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$163
$145
HIExpress.com
$152
BestWestern.com
Courtyard Redwood City(Redwood City)
$164
  • Pool
Pacific Euro Hotel(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotels.com
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$199
TownePlace Suites
$124
$116
Best Western Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$150
Good Nite Inn - Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$106
$102
Orbitz.com
Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$197
$186
Hotels.com
Redwood Creek Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$235
1,505 results
All reviewsbusiness parksan franciscolagoon viewoffice parknice hotelshuttle serviceredwood shoresairport shuttlesilicon valleycomfortable roomsbusiness tripfree parkingpalo altominute drivecoffee makersofiteldoorman
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was a bit weary after reading some of the poor reviews as I was staying for business, however I had a great experience. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. My room was perfectly clean and 100% comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have stayed at Sofitel monthly over the last year for periods of four nights to two weeks each month. Our recent stay at Sofitel was most comfortible with hotel management being very accomodating by providing their best suite as a complimentary upgrade due to construction activity in the hotel. We were never even aware of the construction ongoing and never experienced anything but excellent service in the restaurant as well as hotel. It is a most relaxing environment and the lagoon view was a nice touch. The workout area is well equipped and normally underutilized. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 5, 2013

... due to all the people that give you always te feeling that you arrive "home". The room was clean and nice and quiet. And also the rest of the services have been perfect! David - one of the bellman - was welcoming me already with my name!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We always enjoy our stay at Sofitel and this location did not disappoint. We received a warm welcome from Yelana at check-in that set the tone for an enjoyable stay. All the staff were very friendly, provided wonderful service and were ready to help in any way they could. Manon and Tania helped make our celebration weekend extra special. Nicely renovated spacious room with a comfortable bed. Courtesy hotel bus took us to the airport each day to enable us to take the BART train into downtown San Fran was very handy. Great stay and would highly recommend. Cheers, Joe and Cathy H.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel for business because my usual choices in Palo Alto & Menlo Park were sold out. It wasn't a terrible experience, but compared to what I expect of a 4-star business hotel, it fell far short of the mark.

The hotel is under construction, which didn't affect me during my stay, and there was adequate signage informing me of this when I arrived (though I didn't see anything on the web site when I booked my rooms). The refurbishment is long overdue: every piece of furniture in my suite looked battered, the carpet had pulls and rips, and the paint was scuffed and chipped all over. The shower was as basic as can be (no shelves & nowhere to put anything other than the bar of soap) and looked to be at least 20 years old. There were two refrigerators, but only one was plugged in and it looked like it had been through a war.

The mattress was fine, but the Sofitel is following the annoying trend of putting one giant heavy duvet on the bed with no sheet and no alternative coverings. You can't keep the room cold enough to need a duvet that heavy, so all night long I sweated, tossed the duvet off, froze & put it back on again. The pillows were too soft and flat to be useful on their own, but two was too high. My colleague had the same complaints for his room, so I don't think it was just my personal preference.

The worst part however was the service. The day I checked in, I got a voicemail on my cell phone inquiring whether I needed both rooms that I had booked (did they think I made a mistake?). Then when I returned the call they couldn't find my reservation because they'd reversed the order of my first & last names. When I checked in, I found used food containers and a nearly empty bottle of wine in my refrigerator. The next morning when I ordered room service, the person taking the order wasn't familiar with the menu (they have McCann's oatmeal on the menu - she kept asking incredulously, "You want a CAN of oatmeal?!" - I have a normal TV-American accent.) When breakfast arrived, part of it was missing and I had to wait more than 10 minutes for the rest of it to be sent up.

Overall it was a tiresome thing to keep running up against this kind of friction. If the Sofitel aspires to be a luxury hotel, they need to do a lot better than this. Changing the decor won't offset poor service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your time with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are actually in an ongoing process of upgrading all of the rooms with not only new furniture but also with new amenities in order to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.