Pullman San Francisco Bay
Holiday Inn Express(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$172
Good Nite Inn - Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$108
$104
Hotels.com
$169
BestWestern.com
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$209
TownePlace Suites
Pacific Euro Hotel(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$110
Best Western Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$150
BestWestern.com
$124
$116
Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$197
$184
Hotels.com
Redwood Creek Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$129
Courtyard Redwood City(Redwood City)
$164
  • Pool
1,508 results
All reviewsbusiness parksan franciscolagoon viewoffice parknice hotelshuttle serviceredwood shoresairport shuttlesilicon valleycomfortable roomsbusiness tripfree parkingpalo altominute drivecoffee makersofiteldoorman
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We always enjoy our stay at Sofitel and this location did not disappoint. We received a warm welcome from Yelana at check-in that set the tone for an enjoyable stay. All the staff were very friendly, provided wonderful service and were ready to help in any way they could. Manon and Tania helped make our celebration weekend extra special. Nicely renovated spacious room with a comfortable bed. Courtesy hotel bus took us to the airport each day to enable us to take the BART train into downtown San Fran was very handy. Great stay and would highly recommend. Cheers, Joe and Cathy H.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel for business because my usual choices in Palo Alto & Menlo Park were sold out. It wasn't a terrible experience, but compared to what I expect of a 4-star business hotel, it fell far short of the mark.

The hotel is under construction, which didn't affect me during my stay, and there was adequate signage informing me of this when I arrived (though I didn't see anything on the web site when I booked my rooms). The refurbishment is long overdue: every piece of furniture in my suite looked battered, the carpet had pulls and rips, and the paint was scuffed and chipped all over. The shower was as basic as can be (no shelves & nowhere to put anything other than the bar of soap) and looked to be at least 20 years old. There were two refrigerators, but only one was plugged in and it looked like it had been through a war.

The mattress was fine, but the Sofitel is following the annoying trend of putting one giant heavy duvet on the bed with no sheet and no alternative coverings. You can't keep the room cold enough to need a duvet that heavy, so all night long I sweated, tossed the duvet off, froze & put it back on again. The pillows were too soft and flat to be useful on their own, but two was too high. My colleague had the same complaints for his room, so I don't think it was just my personal preference.

The worst part however was the service. The day I checked in, I got a voicemail on my cell phone inquiring whether I needed both rooms that I had booked (did they think I made a mistake?). Then when I returned the call they couldn't find my reservation because they'd reversed the order of my first & last names. When I checked in, I found used food containers and a nearly empty bottle of wine in my refrigerator. The next morning when I ordered room service, the person taking the order wasn't familiar with the menu (they have McCann's oatmeal on the menu - she kept asking incredulously, "You want a CAN of oatmeal?!" - I have a normal TV-American accent.) When breakfast arrived, part of it was missing and I had to wait more than 10 minutes for the rest of it to be sent up.

Overall it was a tiresome thing to keep running up against this kind of friction. If the Sofitel aspires to be a luxury hotel, they need to do a lot better than this. Changing the decor won't offset poor service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your time with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are actually in an ongoing process of upgrading all of the rooms with not only new furniture but also with new amenities in order to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Smallest dated room overlooking the roof and freeway. Mold under bath faucet, peeling paint on bathroom door, broken coffee maker, phone didn't work, and had construction right above us early Friday morning. One positive; when the static stopped on the room phone, I was able to get someone to come and fix it. He said, "there wasn't a filter," I just want to connect to the free Internet but, a price charge page kept popping up.
This is the third time I've stayed here. The first two visits were wonderful. So, I signed up for their loyalty program... Have a kid at Stanford. This is close. Don't think I'll be going back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Bonjour,

We are actually in an ongoing process of upgrading all of the rooms with new furniture and amenities in order to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com.

I also would like to extend a complimentary weekend stay, during your next visit, in order for you to experience our new product. Should you have any questions or concerns on this, please email us at h09922@sofitel.com, so we can further discuss this matter.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I frequently stay at the Sofitel for my business trips to Redwood City. The location is on a business park, so there are no nearby shops. You need a car. The hotel offers a courtesy shuttle to pick you up from the airport which is a great service. The staff are extremely courteous and always willing to help you - and they learn your name very quickly!
The hotel is currently going through a refurbishment program. I was in room 802 and it was tired - chipped paintwork, bed valance had definitely seen better days. But nevertheless, the room was spotlessly clean. I always find the beds very comfortable and with the quiet location, I always sleep well.
The variety of food at this hotel is also excellent - they have a lighter menu for the more health conscious.
The bar area is very comfortable with private booths if you want, or you can sit up at the bar and enjoy a chat with the staff or watch some TV. Their wine menu is very good!
Free WiFi is available in public areas and you can get free internet browsing in your room.
So if you want a quiet hotel with a convenient location and good food, then this makes a great business hotel

Room Tip: So far (Feb 2013) floors 1-4 have been refurbished, so I would recommend you request a room on one of those floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've never stayed in a Sofitel in the USA. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and would be happy to recommend it. I will also consider using Sofitel at other locations in the future. The room was spacious and well appointed. The facilities were excellent and our clients thought it was "high class". The restaurant was very good for a breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo