This is a really nice hotel—the staff are friendly and helpful, it's a good location if you're going to be working on the north end of Silicon Valley and will have a car, the beds are comfortable, the amenities are nice.
Unfortunately, there are some problems with the rooms. I hope these will be fixed in the renovation that they are doing, but for now I think they are sufficiently problematic that I won't be staying here again.
The first problem is that the hotel has exploding toilets. These are the kind that do a low-volume flush by building up pressure in the tank. When you flush the toilet, there's a loud, percussive whoosh, and the toilet flushes. This is so loud that you can hear it from several rooms away, and it makes sleeping here difficult. It's particularly bad if you are sharing the room, because of course the flushing sound is loudest in the room.
The other problem is that the toilet bowls are so shallow that it's a sanitary problem. I won't go into details on this, but think about it for a minute. It's only a problem for male guests. The toilets are also incredibly low—the first time I sat down on one, I almost lost my balance because the seat was a couple of inches lower than I'm used to.
These are really trivial problems for such a nice hotel, and I hope they correct them, but until they do I really wouldn't recommend staying here. There are plenty of other nice properties nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pullman San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel