WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
FINDLAY
“Exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

From start to finish my stay at Sofitel was outstanding! Among the highlights were:

Easily accessible and free parking garage
Staff holding the door for you upon entry and exit
All around friendly staff
GREAT workout facility ... Loved the TV on each cardio machine
Very quiet and well kept room
Nice breakfast selection from their store. Very health conscious!

If there was a downside, it was that my cocktail at their bar (one drink) costs $15.00, but I can live with that considering that everything else was so well done.

Would recommend this to solo travelers and business travelers. This is clearly not a place designed to take a family from what I saw saw of the clientele in the hotel. Very business oriented, but VERY well done!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CHRIS B
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sofitel San Francisco Bay, California

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

The most positive aspect of our stay was the excellent and friendly service. If you requested something someone always called back and made sure your needs were met. The restaurant was also very good, although with a limited menu. Service in the restaurant was excellent.

The less positive aspects including room lighting, which was too dim to allow us to easily read with our aging eyes. We also discovered that we were on the "pet floor". Apparently you need to inquire about whether your room previously housed a dog. We saw people checking in with dogs. Now I like dogs as much as the next person, but I would prefer to have a room previously occupied only by humans. People with allegries should be aware of this.

There was a disquieting sign in the room informing us that the water may go off unexpectedly during the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM. It didn't happen, but it gives you pause when you are in the middle of your shower. There was some noise in the mornings from the renovation. We had a room where there was a doorway into the adjacent room. The sound isolation from our noisy neighbors was practically non-existant. I would recommend you definitely ask the front desk for a room absent this feature. Finally, during our stay there were numerous unruly children running about. I know the hotel has limited control over this but it would definitely influence my decision to stay in the future.

This was our first stay at a Sofitel Hotel and I regret I cannot give it a higher rating.

Room Tip: Room without a doorway into an adjacent room will be quieter. Ask for a room not on the pet floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your time with us did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are actually in an ongoing process of upgrading all of the rooms with new furniture and amenities in order to provide a great experience for all of our guests. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

San Diego, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had the nicest hotel experience I have ever had in my life! Thank you Sofitel of Redwood City, I will definitely return. The beds were comfortable, the staff was extremely helpful and the town was cute and had an eclectic charm.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is my 4th time stay in this hotel in 2012 for 2 weeks stay, my last visit on Sep 2012.
There are doing some renovation, and I asked to move to other room after stay 1 week.
since i am not so particular, I am just ok, but the door bell seems not so happy when I said need help.
Another issue, if you would take shuttle from SFO airport, please note that they only have every 1hr, so if you just missed the last one, prepare to wait for 55 minutes, which happen to me :(

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redwood City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
HYATT house Belmont/Redwood Shores

Been to Pullman San Francisco Bay? Share your experiences!