Pullman San Francisco Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Courtyard Redwood City(Redwood City)
$174
Courtyard
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$179
$153
HIExpress.com
TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$179
TownePlace Suites
Redwood Creek Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$129
$169
$147
BestWestern.com
$99
Travelocity
Good Nite Inn - Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$89
$81
Hotwire.com
Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$188
Orbitz.com
Best Western Inn(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Agoda.com
Pacific Euro Hotel(Redwood City)(Great Value!)
$85
1,501 results
All reviewsbusiness parksan franciscolagoon viewoffice parknice hotelshuttle serviceredwood shoresairport shuttlesilicon valleycomfortable roomsbusiness tripfree parkingpalo altominute drivecoffee makersofiteldoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have stayed here a number of times in the past and it seams like it gets better each time!!
It's rare that service, quality and prices get better but at the Sofitel it does...from the front desk to housekeeping, food servers, bartenders and doormen this hotel rocks.
I would rate this hotel a 5 plus in all areas and to top it off they are pet friendly!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was staying here on business but I wanted to write a review mainly for people who might be looking at it as a vacation option.

Redwood City is a *long* ride from San Francisco- so if you've got a car, it's doable but you'll spend a lot of time on the road. If you're just visiting people in Redwood City (which by the by is a good 20 minute cab ride away from the hotel) or near by, it'd be better- but there is almost nothing around the hotel in terms of cafes, restaurants, just one very small shopping area a fifteen minute walk away. I felt very isolated indeed and I was there just for work - when you've just got off a plane it's a bit dispiriting to realise there are no little cafes to pop to for a rest.

The other thing is the hotel is extensively used by the nearby businesses so you will find yourself surrounded by well, I.T. folk there for work. (If that sounds judgemental I can excuse myself because I was one of them:). I can't imagine it would make for a very holiday-like atmosphere.

There were little notices pinned up saying the hotel was about to be refurbished, so any comment on the rooms is going to soon be out of date- but you could see why it needs a refurb. Not bad rooms or anything but not impressive compared to other Sofitels (the last one I stayed was D.C. and I was expecting similar quality). But they do give you a decent sized fridge, which I appreciated a lot. and nice quiet comfortable rooms.

It's not the hotel's fault but the location is really the problem- if I was there again on business, I would almost certainly stay elsewhere even if it meant more travel. Otherwise it's a lot of bored evenings. Actually business travellers would be better off staying in San francisco and hiring a car unless you're just planning on working every evening.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the water are nice. and nice view of the hills too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

If you would like to further discuss your experience with us please feel free to e-mail us at H0922@sofitel.com .

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The hotel is very good, the room, the service, the staff is very attentious and courteous, follow the good impression I have at every Sofitel. Two things deserves the attention of the guests.

The hotel is kinda far from the San Francisco Bay, if you are by car like I was, the traffic makes the SF visit a little annoying, but you can find good food and shopping near the hotel, as well as a train station less than 5 min from there.

Now, one thing deserves special attention of the hotel, the wifi, which is complimentary, but the connection is painfully slow, I can t understand such thing, even in lower rated hotel brands the connection is better!

Room Tip: Doesn t really care, the place is a business district with many green and not lousy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
John H, General Manager at Pullman San Francisco Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Bonjour,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Comfortable, roomy, with all necessary features. Enjoyed the single-serve coffee and tea machine. The fourth floor was quiet. We liked the privacy, the views and the hospitality of the staff. Though we don't often travel to that area, we likely will stay here again. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple