I have stayed at this hotel many times for business meetings. I've enjoyed the wonderful beds and bedding, the spacious rooms, squeaky-clean bathrooms, and efficient service, all with few glitches. I've watched it change over the years from an out-of-the way hotel to a swanky, shiny hangout spot. But as an American who admires French culture, by far my favorite thing about this hotel has been its french way with food...the fresh-baked ficelles (mini-baguettes) in the morning, really excellent french-style coffee, etc. I'm very sad to report that these perks have now been infected by the ubiquitous american food disease. Coffee is now so watered down that it now falls into the 'pis' category that the French so rightly mock, and they no longer serve french bread of any kind in the morning. These are small complaints, especially since there are still good croissants to be had, but the corporate dinner we had here was appalling. On our own, lunch and dinner at this restaurant have been excellent, so I'm not sure why a dinner for 15 was such a problem. The food was very badly prepared, and the appetizer recommended by the waiter made several of us sick with food poisoning. Even worse than the nausea, I am ashamed to have been the one who recommended to our company brass that we host dinner at this hotel. Tant pis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pullman San Francisco Bay, an exclusive 'corporate resort' reputed for its refinement, considerate service and attention to detail. Whether you are visiting for pleasure or in town for business, you will savor this truly unique experience, a total immersion in comfort! Enjoy the superbly appointed accommodations in tranquil surroundings fanned by gentle breezes... Ideally situated between San Francisco and San José, this luxurious establishment is only minutes from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman San Francisco Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Hotel Redwood City
- Sofitel Redwood City
- Redwood City Sofitel