“Average at best”
Review of Donato Enoteca

Donato Enoteca
Reserve with OpenTable
Donato Enoteca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 300 Restaurants in Redwood City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Middlefield and Main
Description: Set in the heart of downtown Redwood City, Donato Enoteca offers true and honest contemporary Italian cuisine from Executive Chef Donato Scotti that changes weekly determined by the freshest available seasonal produce. Homemade pastas, wood-burning oven pizzas, meat and fish courses are available, executed in an authentic yet modern way. The menu spans every region of Italy and incorporates artisanal products, such as fresh imported burrata, prosciutto, grappa and olive oil. Other in-house specialties include sausages, mostarda and lamb prosciutto. The wine list focuses on smaller-production boutique wineries from Italy, California and France.
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Am surprised by the reviews here. Normally I agree with trip advisor. In my opinion this place is average at best. Maybe I ordered badly. Had the scallops to start. Was dissapointed. It was a big greasy bowl of deep fried scallops and onions. It reminded me of something you would get in chilis except in chilis it would have tasted better. The main was better but not fantastic. Nothing stood out. I will not return.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've been here twice by myself so I sat at the bar. The atmosphere, wine, food and service are all just excellent. I look forward to driving through Redwood City at dinner time!

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon Donato on a Monday evening and were unprepared for such a wonderful meal. The evening reminded us of a visit to Italy! The Insalata Radicchio Biete & Noci was a great starter. The housemade ravioli with 3 meats (Agnolotti Del Plin) was delicious. We also ordered the Pizza Salaiccia & Cipolle--which was a wonderful medley of flavors. The service was attentive with a knowledgeable staff. We were assisted in selecting an Italian wine that was perfect with our meal. We could not imagine a better dining experience for a nearby taste of Italy!

1  Thank 926erich
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Donato keeps the quality up. We tend to gravitate around this restaurant, every time we go somewhere else for Italian food we regret it! Yesterday we had an amazing burrata and polenta with duck egg. The risotto with the pork belly is served in a generous portion and for this winter meal, it was perfect comfort food. We would eat here all the time if we could, it's such Fresh, homely European food. I am glad they are thriving, but then it makes it harder to get a table, this is definitely the best that Redwood City has to offer at a really reasonable price.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have eaten here several times over the years. The latest time was this November, 2013. The food is terrific, well prepared, the service excellent. the wine selection superb. I have never had a meal here that was not a 5 star excellent one. The ambiance i great. There is absolutely nothing negative about this place. I think it is the best restaurant in the area that includes Redwood City, Menlo Park and Palo Alto.

2  Thank iluvta2