I stayed at the hotel in late May 2013. Unfortunately, I got a room facing the Marina - which has some sort of refinery that is shrouded in not tall enough fencing. If you are staying here push for an ocean view room; it will be a much better experience. The hotel appears to have been relatively recently refurbished; nice job on the lobby and lounge and an okay to poor job on the rooms.
I had lunch at the restaurant across the turning circle - it was expensive and very average - prawn pasta dish that was $26!
The staff were all friendly and accommodating.
My biggest gripe was the internet charge $12 / day / device.
I wanted to rate this place an average - but I am afraid for 2 nights $763 (not including food) it is wildly overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portofino Hotel & Marina is located on a private peninsula, Redondo beach’s only waterfront hotel. A rich tapestry of panoramic views greets you, with the harbor, the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. The hotel lies just six miles south of Los Angeles International Airport, a short stroll to shops and restaurants of Redondo Beach. We offer our guests an authentic Socal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer “endlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach