My wife and I visited a friend in Redondo Beach. For proximity, our friend recommended the Portofino and Crowne Plaza. I price shopped and could not find a room under $140 at Portofino. But, fate was kind and the hotel ran a January sale at $120/night. Sold! The hotel has an attractive Cape Cod feel and there's great access to the beaches. (We spent most of our time at Hermosa Beach.) We made good use of the restaurant and bar areas for breakfast and dinner. Drinks by the fire in the hotel are a must. Staff members were exceptional. In searching for a complaint, food and beverage prices were on the higher side BUT were consistent with selection, service and the area. (Whisky choices at the bar were thoughtfully selected.) High season rates likely push this fine property out of our budget but we look forward to returning in a future off-season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portofino Hotel & Marina is located on a private peninsula, Redondo beach’s only waterfront hotel. A rich tapestry of panoramic views greets you, with the harbor, the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. The hotel lies just six miles south of Los Angeles International Airport, a short stroll to shops and restaurants of Redondo Beach. We offer our guests an authentic Socal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer “endlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach