My wife and I visited a friend in Redondo Beach. For proximity, our friend recommended the Portofino and Crowne Plaza. I price shopped and could not find a room under $140 at Portofino. But, fate was kind and the hotel ran a January sale at $120/night. Sold! The hotel has an attractive Cape Cod feel and there's great access to the beaches. (We spent most of our time at Hermosa Beach.) We made good use of the restaurant and bar areas for breakfast and dinner. Drinks by the fire in the hotel are a must. Staff members were exceptional. In searching for a complaint, food and beverage prices were on the higher side BUT were consistent with selection, service and the area. (Whisky choices at the bar were thoughtfully selected.) High season rates likely push this fine property out of our budget but we look forward to returning in a future off-season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Portofino Hotel & Marina in Redondo Beach at King Harbor, a haven for business and leisure travelers alike. The Portofino boasts breathtaking scenes from sunsets and sailboats to dolphins and sea lions. Our guests enjoy an authentic SoCal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their "Endless Summer", endlessly at one of the best Redondo Beach Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach