My husband and I stayed here for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. It was my first time to visit Redondo Beach, and found this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. We booked the ocean Jacuzzi room directly on the hotel website and got a discounted rate with advance purchase.
Upon arrival to the hotel, we were promptly greeted by the valet who kindly assisted us in unloading our belongings. Check-in process was smooth.
Since we booked the Jacuzzi room, we were located on the first floor. Although we could not see the entire ocean view over the breaker wall, we did enjoy the beautiful sunsets. The only thing I didn’t like was that on the balcony there was only a partition on one side- wish it were on both sides. I preferred a little privacy while lounging outside, and didn’t feel comfortable when our (loud) neighbors came out same time.
The room had a stocked mini bar, which we didn’t use. There was also a small refrigerator, which we didn’t use because it was zip-tied. It would’ve been nice if we could’ve used it to keep our water cold. The shower had full-size toiletries, which was great! There were no storage drawers for our clothes, so we never unpacked our luggage.
One amenity we really enjoyed was the complimentary bikes. Make sure to ask for a bike lock in case you decide to stop somewhere. We followed the bike path along the road toward the Strand at Hermosa Beach and had a really nice breakfast at Scotty’s. Then we headed to the Redondo Pier and hung out on the boardwalk.
We ordered dinner from on-site Baleen restaurant via room service and food was good. Also note that there are plenty of restaurants near the hotel that are within walking distance. If you happen to bring the kids along, there is a small water park called Seaside Lagoon that is located near the hotel. If we bring our little ones on our next visit to the area, we would definitely like to take them there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portofino Hotel & Marina is located on a private peninsula, Redondo beach’s only waterfront hotel. A rich tapestry of panoramic views greets you, with the harbor, the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. The hotel lies just six miles south of Los Angeles International Airport, a short stroll to shops and restaurants of Redondo Beach. We offer our guests an authentic Socal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer “endlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach