The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel
Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$171
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Redondo Beach Hotel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Breakfast included
Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$151
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Redondo Beach Galleria Inn(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$120
Redondo Pier Inn(Redondo Beach)
$130
$125
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
$139
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Seaside Motel(Redondo Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
$94
$89
1,795 results
All reviewssea lionsbaleen restaurantocean viewfront desksea wallnautical themepaddle boarderscomplimentary bikesfirst floorbeautiful hotelvalet staffself parkingsanta monicabike rentalslos angelesnice locationla area
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Amazing staff amazing rooms amazing views amazing food amazing cocktails!! Love this place can't wait to go back. you will need a car but they have parking/valet at $24 a night. Not too bad.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank DaniC1986
AnneliseHolyoak, Public Relations Manager at The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Many thanks for the great comments and feedback. We are thrilled you liked the cocktails and ocean views. Please come again soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Just got back from a three-night stay at the Portofino. We were in an ocean view king room on the second floor. The building feels....like a wooden structure that has lived many years by the sea. A bit spongy. The floors dip, the doors creek. But...quaint nonetheless.

Initial observations: Could we possibly get any closer to the Pacific Ocean? No. We were about 15 feet from the sea. Second: The sea lions are such a nice touch to the ambiance. They sing a morning tune and practice all night to be perfect.

The room was well-appointed. It was one of the few hotels we've been to that had GREAT pillows and plenty of them. The bedding was also nice, cozy and impeccably clean.

The mini bar area was well-stocked, but I was bugged that the refrigerator was zip-tied closed. I assume that's to prevent use/restocking without a fee, but access to the fridge to keep our own things cold would have been nice.

The entire family agreed the shower was spectacular. Instead of tiny travel sized shampoo/conditioner/etc bottles, there were full-sized bottles with pumps like you'd have in your own home. Novel. Other hotels could take a lesson here. The shower head was...fabulous. Not wimpy water. It was THAT good. And I can't remember ever writing a shower head review before.

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

We used a rollaway bed (and reconfigured our room to give it its own private space). It was just as comfortable as a bed. Not a springy rollaway disaster that leaves one achy and cranky. Nope. This one was great....but not as great as that shower head.

The irritants: Really? $24 a day to park? And it's the same price to self-park as it is to valet. I would much rather this absurd fee be worked into the room price. And yes, Mr. Hotel Manager, I did see where you mentioned there are rooms that include parking. My question is...why don't they all? $24 PER DAY?

This is 2012. $12 per day for wifi is highway robbery. So now if you want to drive to the hotel AND use the Internet, you're up to $36 PER DAY in extra fees. But again...that shower makes it feel better.

Last irritant: I had booked online and had checked the AAA box. My rate was $299. When I called to add a night, the clerk told me the extra night was $316. When I groaned at that price, she reluctantly mentioned a special going on that made the rate dip to $279 per night. I would have felt better about this conversation if she'd been upfront to begin with about that discounted rate. Just because I checked a box, don't give me a higher rate. I would assume you would always want to give your customers the lowest rate possible, not the "highest they'll actually pay" rate.

But....that shower...

All in all a great weekend, and we'll return again. It was peaceful and lovely.

Room Tip: Although you may like the sound of sea lions while walking along the pier, it's not a pleasant sound at 2:30 in the morning when you cant sleep. If you'll be sensitive to this, choose a room on the opposite side. Floors 2 and 3 are best. First floor would have a view of the sea wall and a walking path/parking lot on the front side
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MsSea

Thank you for your constructive feedback. Your comments are useful and I can assure you we take them into account. We do offer packages with parking. The parking charge is standard with all full service hotels in the area as well as the Wi-Fi charge. We do however offer free Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby! There is no extra charge for overnight valet parking with in and out privileges. I apologize that you were not given the lowest rate possible right away. Our goal is always to offer supreme service at a reasonable cost. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the shower; it is a big hit with our guests. I hope you can visit us again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I worked with Meggie Clausen at the Portofino Hotel's events group to put together a special dinner party for 18 at the Baleen Restaurant Saturday night. We began with a cocktail reception Marinaside in their lovely firepit area. Bill was our delightful waiter/bartender, who ran up and down the stairs, creating fantastic potions with fresh fruit (like raspberry or pomegranate mojitos). Upstairs in the restaurant, our guests were treated with the most delectable meal: the quality, presentation and taste of the food was absolutely fabulous. Our guests raved throughout the dinner and are still raving! And the wait staff were perfect in every step: Lindsey and her team were right on top of everything, from filling the water to removing plates and serving the next course...and nobody noticed them--a testament to their professionalism. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
AnneliseHolyoak, Public Relations Manager at The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Shirley- Thank you so much for the wonderful review of BALEEN and the hotel! We are so happy that Meggie and the entire staff attended to your guests. We love nothing more than to hear that our visitors are pleased with their experience. We are delighted that the food and cocktails were to your liking. Please come back and visit us again soon. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

I have now had the opportunity to stay at the Portofino twice in the last year for business and the hotel is great!! Great rooms with amazing views!! Falling asleep to the sound of seagulls and sea lions is amazing!! The staff is super helpful and very friendly!! Love this place!!

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your caring comments. I am happy that you have had the chance to stay with us multiple times! Our goal is for all visitors to be as excited as you are about the service. I’m hopeful that you can stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

A gem of a hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean. My wife and I were made to feel like honoured guests by each, and every, member of staff. The whole hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Little extra touches were free wi-fi in public areas, daily newspapers and iced water with fresh lemon available in the lounge. Only slight disadvantage was parking fee of $24:00 per day but this level of charging seems to be general at all "better"or higher starred hotels. The hotel is located in an area with many good quality bars and restaurants. We enjoyed ' Joe's Crab Shack' for it's lively atmosphere and good fresh seafood and 'The Cheesecake Factory' for it's good food and location overlooking the marina. We booked on Priceline which made it very good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice feedback! I am happy that you got to enjoy some of our local restaurants. Our goal is to always make visitors feel like honored guests! The parking charge is standard for the area but we don’t charge an extra fee for valet. I appreciate your feedback and we will consider it when improving our services. I hope you and your wife have a great summer.