Welcome to an incredible hotel. First of all this place is decorated to the nines. Like a weirdo, I'm taking pictures in the lobby of the pillows and the furniture... but I can't help it! It's beautiful!
The rooms are super nice and large. The sheets must be like 700 thread count because they were so soft! The shampoo/conditioner/body wash is in larger sized containers with pumps, and the quality as pretty good, so you won't have to bring your own. We had a flat screen TV (I think they are working on upgrading from the fat TVs) and DVD player. There is also an ipod docking station in the room to listen to your music... very romantic (wink wink).
The clerks at the front desk are so friendly. We asked for a late checkout this last trip and the hotel nicely extended it by 3 hours.
There is a pool and a hot tub, but it's not huge. So don't expect anything grand. It's a hot tub and small pool.
Parking is like $20/ day, which is a little crazy. Luckily, we park in the marina parking near the boat, which is only a few steps away.
There is a 2 hour rental limit on the bikes. We brought our own this last trip cause we didn't want to be tied down. However, I did notice they got some new ones so perhaps that restriction isn't that big of a deal now? And one more nit about that... there are no bike racks if you do bring your bikes. We eneded up locking ours up at the back of the parking lot on a railing type thing.
Also, internet is not free in your room. I can't remember how much it is, but we used the business center to use the internet and print out boarding passes etc.
And lasty, we stopped down at the hotel bar for an evening glass of wine. The bartender was engaged in a personal conversation off to the side (but still visable to us). There were no menus for us to look at while he was chatting away. He told us to hold on a minute, but after visiting with another couple and standing there for a few minutes and still receiving no service, we just walked across the lot to Baileen (thankfully because it is AWESOME)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Portofino Hotel & Marina is located on a private peninsula, Redondo beach’s only waterfront hotel. A rich tapestry of panoramic views greets you, with the harbor, the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. The hotel lies just six miles south of Los Angeles International Airport, a short stroll to shops and restaurants of Redondo Beach. We offer our guests an authentic Socal lifestyle experience in a casual nautical-chic environment, allowing them to relax and let loose, embracing their “endless summer “endlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Portofino Hotel & Marina, A Noble House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel And Yacht
- Portofino Inn Redondo Beach
- Portofino Redondo Beach