Traveling to LA for a short business trip and family visit - I booked this hotel at the last minute. Living in resort areas all my life - I know well that travelers trends have moved away from Hotel stays to 'get more for the money' utilizing B and B's or vacation rental homes and condos that provide for better immersion into the culture of the place. I say - for the short visit - there is nothing more soothing and refreshing than clean crisp sheets, soothing decor, efficient staff in a impersonal hotel room and a morning swim in the pool. After driving in traffic, meeting with business people and dealing with problem solving - I truly treasured my stay at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach. The decor was chic and upon checking in, I asked for dinner suggestions and where to get a good walk on. Sunday afternoon at Redondo pier, just across the street, proved to be a lovely vision of working families fishing, and flying kites or feasting on fabulous crab and shrimp fresh from the sea. Very reminiscent of growing up near Cannery Row. I enjoyed a nice long walk and took lots of pictures. Was very tempted to rent a stand-up or paddle boat - just to get into the liquid blue as the ocean was surprisingly clean and inviting. The Crowne Plaza spa on site offered a great massage and nail package as well, as late as 5:30 in afternoon - but I chose to walk instead. Entering back into the hotel, I was soothed by the large simple photos and chic carpets. My room was so modern chic and the view of the sunset was like dessert. I dressed for dinner and drove down a couple of blocks -returning for a restful sleep and a quick swim at 7am in the morning before a leisurely checkout. The hotel, decor, service, pool and in-room amenities all add up to a definite return visit next year. Thank you Crowne Plaza for renewing my faith in a good ole hotel room choice for overnight stay - Well Worth it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. A full service southern California coastal hotel with resort style amenities. Conveniently located just 7 miles south of LAX, overlooking the Pacific Ocean between the King Harbor Marina and the Redondo Beach Pier. Complimentary WiFi for all guest rooms and public area; tennis court, Olympic size pool, and whirlpool on Harbor Terrace. Bike rental 7 days per week through concierge. Full 2-room fitness center. Completed $25M renovation of entire hotel in 2016 including guestrooms, lobby, meeting space, and new lobby bar – Harbor Bar+Bistro for light lunch and dinners. Breakfast in SOL. Choice of water view rooms, 350 sq ft, most with balcony. Selection of King or double Queen bedded rooms. Room safe and mini refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Redondo Beach