“Gorgeous place overlooking the ocean and marina”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've had a superior ocean view room for the past two nights and the place is just beautiful. Hard to understand people having a bad experience here because mine has been top drawer from the greeting by valet at the front door, to front desk staff, to the wonderful woman running the Concierge Lounge where they lay out a wonderful full (cold and hot) breakfast buffet for members in a comfortable room where you can rest or work. Lobby is large, open and beautifully finished. My room is massive with a balcony overlooking the ocean and marina, very comfortable King bed, a really comfy huge chair and ottoman, great workspace, 55 inch HD TV, fridge, everything I could possibly need. The only issue around my room is that it's a LONG hike from the elevators, ice and pop machines so if you choose ocean-front, you just have to be prepared for a healthy walk from the elevator. I've had superb service in a great room and I'd stay here again, no question.

Room Tip: Ocean front view room really is beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you so much for such a fabulous review! So glad that you were pleased with your room and the concierge lounge and the service here. Thank you also for posting the photos of your room.
I am so much looking forward to your next visit with us here at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Perfect location at the marina within walking distance of everything. The lobby is really beautiful. We got an incredible wedding rate (guests) which included a breakfast that was sufficient. The room was pretty and beds were super comfy- the "ocean view" isn't quite what you might expect, and the balconies are very tiny. Bathroom was fine; bath products were a notch above, actually really good. The pool and spa were great- we invited friends for the day and had fun- the view is so pretty. Would stay here again easily and feel it was a bargain.

Room Tip: Make sure your ocean view room is front and center, not to the side- try to get a higher room as wel...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Appreicate your review and your comments, and I look forward to your next stay here with us.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach was okay. The staff was nice, the rooms were big. I just can't say anything stood out for me. The resteraunt on site is not worth stopping, it needs a complete renovation, it is cold and does not feel welcoming whatsoever. The food was lacked flavor and not a lot of choices.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Alexismom499
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Sorry that you weren't completely satsified with your stay. We do plan on renovating our Splash restaurant in the near future, as a matter of fact.
Do hope you will come back again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I got a great deal on Priceline for the room. We were only staying overnight. I was very pleased with the room, parking convenience, and service. Great choice for the price. I did notice the rate was cheaper directly in the website, do Priceline refunded me double the difference. The pier is across the street and is a little run down.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Many thanks for your nice review, so glad that you were satisfied with the value you received here.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We returned from a 5 night stay on Tuesday. Love the location of this hotel. The room and beds were very comfortable and the majority of staff were very helpful. We stayed in an Executive room which had a lovely ocean view.

With the Exec room comes access to the Club lounge. This is where there is room for improvement in my opinion. For the number of rooms on this floor, the lounge is very small and at peak times, this shows and does not provide the kind of service that you would normally expect from a higher graded room. On occasions, the entrance would be blocked by a trolley with all the dirty dishes on it. The orange juice had run out as early as 0745 one morning and the lady on duty said it should arrive by 0800 from the kitchen, it didn't. Why wouldn't,t this be stocked the night before? The choice of food, although complimentary, was very limited indeed. Hot food consisted of bacon, sausage and scrambled egg only, if there was any egg left, again, it ran out on more than one occasion and was not replenished quickly. The seating was insufficient and often, people would be eating at what was a desk or work station due to no table availability. Whilst we were content on a value for money basis, I would say that this Club lounge would come as a disappointment to more discerning customers. On the last morning, we opted for a change and bought breakfast outside. Lastly, and it,s been reported by many others, I do feel that the cost of the car park is not reflective of a resident rate. I appreciate that a charge needs to be made in a beach area such as this but really, USD23 per night for a paying Guest?

Overall though, we were happy with our stay and the above points would probably not deter me from staying again but I,d skip the car in Redondo and would opt for a standard room and buy breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Appreciate your very detailed observations regarding the concierge lounge. These are very helpful for us to improve the experience in this facility, and I am passing your comments on to our Director of Food & Beverage so that he may address them.
Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon, and have to commend the staff. On arrival we found that we had accidentally booked the wrong dates, but the staff were superb in dealing with ourselves and the company we had booked through to ensure that we got the same room, and am upgrade to breakfast even though this wasn't a mistake they had made. Two members of front desk staff helped us, and I'm only sorry I can't remember their names as I believe they deserve praise for the polite, efficient and stress free way they resolved this.

The rooms were extremely comfortable and the overall ambience of the hotel was calm and relaxing, despite some redecoration work going on. Wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben B
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Many thanks for such a favorable review, and look forward to your next visit! Glad the front desk staff was helpful to you.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised by my stay here. The staff were first class and we enjoyed our night. Every question I had was answered immediately and I truly felt I was a valued customer. The Concierge recommended local restaurants for lunch and dinner, we weren't disappointed. Will certainly stay again when in LA. It's worth the taxi fare from the airport as the Crowne Plaza at LAX is dreadful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very nice comments regarding our hotel, and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!