Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Redondo Beach Hotel(Redondo Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Shade Hotel(Redondo Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Redondo Pier Inn(Redondo Beach)
View Hotel
Redondo Inn and Suites(Redondo Beach)
1,290 results
All reviewsacross the streetthe club loungenice hoteltennis courtsstreet parkingruby's dinerocean viewself parkingcheesecake factorywhole foodspool area issmall balconyper nightupon checkfree internetsanta monicahotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We returned from a 5 night stay on Tuesday. Love the location of this hotel. The room and beds were very comfortable and the majority of staff were very helpful. We stayed in an Executive room which had a lovely ocean view.

With the Exec room comes access to the Club lounge. This is where there is room for improvement in my opinion. For the number of rooms on this floor, the lounge is very small and at peak times, this shows and does not provide the kind of service that you would normally expect from a higher graded room. On occasions, the entrance would be blocked by a trolley with all the dirty dishes on it. The orange juice had run out as early as 0745 one morning and the lady on duty said it should arrive by 0800 from the kitchen, it didn't. Why wouldn't,t this be stocked the night before? The choice of food, although complimentary, was very limited indeed. Hot food consisted of bacon, sausage and scrambled egg only, if there was any egg left, again, it ran out on more than one occasion and was not replenished quickly. The seating was insufficient and often, people would be eating at what was a desk or work station due to no table availability. Whilst we were content on a value for money basis, I would say that this Club lounge would come as a disappointment to more discerning customers. On the last morning, we opted for a change and bought breakfast outside. Lastly, and it,s been reported by many others, I do feel that the cost of the car park is not reflective of a resident rate. I appreciate that a charge needs to be made in a beach area such as this but really, USD23 per night for a paying Guest?

Overall though, we were happy with our stay and the above points would probably not deter me from staying again but I,d skip the car in Redondo and would opt for a standard room and buy breakfast.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Appreciate your very detailed observations regarding the concierge lounge. These are very helpful for us to improve the experience in this facility, and I am passing your comments on to our Director of Food & Beverage so that he may address them.
Look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon, and have to commend the staff. On arrival we found that we had accidentally booked the wrong dates, but the staff were superb in dealing with ourselves and the company we had booked through to ensure that we got the same room, and am upgrade to breakfast even though this wasn't a mistake they had made. Two members of front desk staff helped us, and I'm only sorry I can't remember their names as I believe they deserve praise for the polite, efficient and stress free way they resolved this.

The rooms were extremely comfortable and the overall ambience of the hotel was calm and relaxing, despite some redecoration work going on. Wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben B
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Many thanks for such a favorable review, and look forward to your next visit! Glad the front desk staff was helpful to you.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Was pleasantly surprised by my stay here. The staff were first class and we enjoyed our night. Every question I had was answered immediately and I truly felt I was a valued customer. The Concierge recommended local restaurants for lunch and dinner, we weren't disappointed. Will certainly stay again when in LA. It's worth the taxi fare from the airport as the Crowne Plaza at LAX is dreadful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your very nice comments regarding our hotel, and look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This was me and my husbands second stay the first stay was awesome ....this last stay not so awesome....we couldn't open the patio door due to overwhelming cigarette smoke....couldn't sit on our patio and watch the sunset....this was valentines day I had that planned......and on our way to breakfast the next morning it was cigarette smoke all in the hallway...made me nauseated....ruined the breakfast we paid extra to have...i complained to the front desk she said she would send security to check it out....I continued to smell smoke all night until check out.....i told the front desk again at check out...her reply was well hopefully they get caught and have to pay the $200.00 smoking fee......well what about what we paid to have a romantic night....we paid for front ocean view ..but couldn't enjoy it or the ocean breeze because of the cigarette smoke smell (horrible).....it makes me never wanna stay there again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deelicious71

So sorry that your stay was marred by the cigarette smoke experience. As the staff mentioned, we are 100% non-smoking and are very strict in enforcing the policy. I do hope you will contact me personally the next time you come back so that I can make special arrangements for you.
Michael Payton

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Congratulations to the people at Crowne Plaza in Redondo Beach . The "Refurbishment" of your hotel is just great . We stayed here , again , for three days on our way home from Maui. The hotel is beautiful . We arrived at 11:30 pm on Feb. 16, 2014 and all the lights were out! The power company had planned to shut off power that night in order to "upgrade" service and the Hotel handled it very well . We were escorted to our room by security and given Glow Stix so we could see around our room. When we woke up the next morning WOW ! What a beautiful room. Great job Crowne Plaza . You are OUR Hotel in Redondo Beach .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

So happy that you were wowed by our newly-renovated rooms! You were understanding about the power outage, thank you for bearing with us in this necessary transformer replacement.
We await your next visit.