“Excellent Staff !”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for a whole week and after a couple of days this place felt extremely comfortable and friendly. The rooms are kept in a great shape and clean. Great pool with a beautiful view and a very nice Spa.
The staff was probably the biggest plus of my stay. Everybody who attended at me was friendly and professional. One name over everybody.. Maria at the concierge. She guided me in the right directions when it came to great dining, entertainment, etc. Perfect service combined with a great smile. She, together with the rest of the staff, made a week in a hotel go by flawlessly.

Room Tip: no noisy rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

So glad that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the service you received from our staff. I note your comments about Maria Elena Castillo, our Concierge, and I will pass along your comments to her and give her a recognition award for delivering excellent guest service.
I do hope that your next stay will be soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here - great buffet breakfast and convenient parking and as a rewards member some discounts for a free bike rental!

Many rooms have a view of the ocean and you are so close to the beach and pier.

The staff is friendly and they have a nice business area for printing documents.

They have a nice Whole Foods about 2 blocks away and other good food options (Smashburger).

No complaints here!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Prefacing with the fact I'm a travel agent and husband travels a lot and is a Platinum IHG member. Check in took too long. There were two desk clerks assisting. One was the upseller of the century. She was selling the top floor (there are only 5) for "just 40 more". Super unprofessional because EVERY time we walked by that's all we could hear and impedes the check in process for everyone else. The other gal, AMY, reminded me of the annoying gate agent in Ben Stiller's "Meet the Fockers". I was dreading dealing with her because she was a buzzkill with her attitude. She needs to work on being sincere with her curt smile. We asked about an upgrade (as we're allowed to with our status). "We don't do that here". Obviously, since you purposely place your guests on lower floors and then try to upsell to better views. Whatever. We were on the 3rd floor with a great view of the beach. No problem.

CONCIERGE LOUNGE - I thought ours in Albuquerque was bad. This reminded me of what you might have received while on that Carnival ship adrift at sea. WHITE bread deli sandwich triangles. We never expect to make meals out of the lounge snacks, but there are usually slightly more upscale. It's really just a perception thing at this point. On the plus side, they did not charge for beer and the attendant was very nice.

ROOMS - GREAT updates and remodels. I agree with one poster. They could do more with the pool area that is just lots of concrete, but it was nice to have the pool and hot tub.

WIFI - GREAT! Super fast and no issue connecting.

ROOM SERVICE - Pretty good one morning. It was so expensive that husband said we should go to the restaurant that is attached and see what they have. We were not given breakfast vouchers by AMY (as Platinums should when the concierge is closed). We did go back and get them though.The buffet was $21.95 and def not worth it. The serving area and quality was sub-par. The restaurant needs a major remodel as well NO ONE EVER came to check on us, not once. The couple sitting next to us were also complaining how bad it was. Having just come from the HYATT downtown LA, this was horrible. I won't be returning. Even if you have an older property, if your staff go out of their way to be cheerful and helpful it doesn't matter. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Wendi C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Wendi C,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to read you were pleased with our rooms and internet service. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and regret our staff service did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that I have reviewed your comments in detail with the appropriate staff members.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel has everything you need! Great shower, nice beds etc. be carful opening curtains if not dressed :/ wifi is reasonably priced. Great staff. The pool area is amazing and they provide pool side service. All in all great stay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Many thanks for your nice comments, and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location. It's also way over priced. They didn't tell me that in addition to the room rate they would charge an additional 100 per day and then refund it 72 hours after we left. They also charge $23 a day for parking as well as for internet useage.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krayz19

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding your comment about the extra charge, this is an amount we authorize for our guests utilizing cash or debit card as a method of payment to cover any incidental charges. As you correctly point out, these are eliminated after check out if not utilized. Our parking charge is in line with other similar hotels in our area, and the internet charge can easily be waived with a free membership in our IHG Rewards program.
Regards,
Michael Payton

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The location, exterior, lobby, and the rooms are top-notch; the prices are worthy of the quality of the location; the service at the desk is prompt, courteous, and abundant, the concierge service is friendly and readily available, and the rooms and the views are wow!! Our first time in the L.A. area and we would opt for the Crowne Plaza Redondo on any future L.A. trips.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe K
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Many thanks for your glowing review of our hotel! I certainly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end January/beginning Feb prior to a cruise.Although further out from LA than we had expected (it was booked for us by the cruise line) it was a lovely hotel. Contrary to previous reviews, either the renovations had been completed or were in a different part of the hotel as we were never disturbed by any noise. I had requested an accessible room, which was excellent. My only slight criticism was that the bed was too high and difficult for me to get into, which surprised the manager when my husband commented on this as they had had an ADA expert in to advise them, Although we didn't have an ocean view room, we had a small balcony with chairs and a table, a nice place to drink our coffee from the machine in the room. The position was really good, with lots of places to eat nearby, including a Cheesecake Factory, which we visited. There were plenty of taxis available if you wanted to venture further afield. The concierges were very helpful and booked us a tour of LA which was great. They even provided me with a wheelchair from the hotel as my mobility scooter could not be carried in the touir bus. I would definitely recommend for the location and would stay again if we go to LA again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that we were able to accommodate your needs successfully. Yes, as noted by our staff, all the equipment in the room including the bed was deemed in compliance with ADA requirements. Thank you also for your compliment regarding the service you received from our hotel concierge.
I hope you enjoyed your cruise and that we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!