“Great Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I were in the area for a wedding and chose this hotel because the wedding guest were staying there. The rooms blocked off for the guest had beautiful views of the water. This hotel offers special services for wedding parties. But unlike other hotels where it becomes a drunken brawl after the wedding, this hotel maintains it's elegance and charm. Underground parking is available.
The rooms were spacious and clean. Everything looked new. Lots of chain restaurants within walking distance, but if you want great seafood from local restaurants, The Strand is just north of here. Lot's of people walking, biking, running, playing volley ball, a fun place to be on the beach.
Heading south offers many boutique shops and sidewalks along the beach and pier.

Room Tip: Water views are great if you can get the center rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am so glad to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel while you were in town for a wedding. I truly appreciate your positive comments regarding the cleanliness and location of our hotel - it is so nice to hear after having just completed a hotel renovation. As you mentioned, there are so many family friendly beach activities all within walking distance of our front door - I am glad that you had the opportunity to explore the area and enjoy the beach. I hope that if future travels bring you to the Redondo Beach area, you will once again be our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is nice enough and it was clean which is something I really look for when traveling. I really wish all hotels had exhaust fans in the bathrooms. This one did not, so I rated it average. It had fancy decor in lobby and rooms were nice. People at the desk were nice too. I think the price was too high but I'm not use to staying right across from the beach district so that may be why such a high price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. I appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness of the hotel, the hotel decor (we recently completed a hotel renovation), and the front desk staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with our staff. Although our guest rooms do not have exhaust fans per se, our rooms do have exhaust vents; I am sorry this did meet your expectations. With that being said, however, I hope the next time you decide to take a retreat to the beach, you will think of us here in Redondo Beach and give us another chance to be your get away hotel.
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

There is nothing wrong with the Crowne Plaza Redondo Harbor and Marina per se, but right across the street you get virtually the same package ( including pool and free bikes ) but with breakfast and parking included!! The parking fee at Crowne Plaza Redondo was $23.00 a night, which included in and out privileges but this adds up quickly. Next time, I will stay at the hotel across the street for the value it offers. And, it is a reputable chain hotel. I checked it out. But if money is no object and you need to be harbor side in Redondo Beach, the Crowne Plaza Redondo is fine and the staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found our seasoned staff members friendly and professional - after all, we do our best to make your hotel experience as enjoyable as possible. As you mentioned, as a full service recently renovated hotel, we do offer bike rentals and sight seeing tours that can be booked with our hotel Concierge, an expansive pool deck with a heated outdoor pool and whirlpool (in addition to beautiful ocean and coastal views), and for dining, either In-Room Dining or our celebrated restaurant, Splash. However, due to our prime location, like many of the other hotels and attractions in the area, we do charge for parking, which is very comparable rate wise to the businesses in the immediate area. I do hope that the next time you travel to the Redondo Beach area, you will give us another opportunity to impress you.
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for business that I had in the L.A. area because I live in the mountains of Colorado and wanted to at least SEE the ocean while I was in California for 24 hours. I paid for a full ocean executive suite and was more than slightly disappointed to have to sit in the corner of my room to be able to see the ocean. When I asked about this, the front desk informed me that they can't guarantee a full ocean view even if it's paid for in advance? Hmm- well then maybe I should not pay for it? Regardless, I could see the ocean and that worked for me.
The valet parking was also $27 per night (plus tip) which is a bit steep, but again, my company was paying for all of this. I drove over to the Chart House for dinner - beautiful views of the water and a nice meal.
The gift shop in the hotel was lacking and the breakfast didn't have many options at all (room service). I believe I paid around $35 for two scrambled eggs, orange juice and some fruit.
The lobby was nice with exception to the large saltwater fish tank which looks impressive upon first glance, but honestly, the fish are all dying and the tank is in need of care. I have several tanks of my own at home and three of the fish are on their way out. It was sad to see.
the room itself was fine. Nothing fancy at all, but okay. The walls were a bit thin. I could hear the person next to me snoring all night, so I turned up my sound machine and also turned on the air conditioning to drown him/her out.
Check in and check out was fairly quick. They called for my car at the front desk. Service was pleasant and I was treated nicely by all staff.
I will stay here again next week for business and make CERTAIN that I get the room that I pay for.

Room Tip: High floor and make CERTAIN you get the room you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christine, thank you so much for letting me know about your experience at our hotel. I am so sorry to learn that you did not receive the room type that you reserved. I can assure you this is not a common practice; however, I appreciate you informing me of the situation so that I may address it with the appropriate staff in the hopes that we may avoid similar situations from occurring in the future. I also would like to thank you for alerting me to the condition of the Lobby aquarium. I have been in touch with our service provider, and he has assured me that he will take care of the fish and the coral on his next weekly visit. I am pleased to learn that your interactions with our staff were pleasant, and I truly appreciate you taking the time to point this out. I am very proud of the staff that we have employed here, and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. Please contact me personally prior to your next visit, and I will ensure that we block the correct room that you have reserved with a wonderful ocean view. I do hope that if your business travels continue to the Redondo Beach area, you will consider us as your “home away from home”. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Bakersfield, California, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I've been staying here since the late 90s. Always a favorite due to location. But the rooms hasn't been redone in over 10 years. Well finally they changed them. Nice touch. You get a free pass to the golds gym right next door always a great perk.

• Stayed April 2013
We are very pleased that you like our newly renovated guest rooms; thank you for taking the time to let us know. As you mentioned, our fitness facility, Fitness Evolution (formerly Gold's Gym) is complimentary and available to our hotel guests 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A great work out with a great view. We truly appreciate your loyalty to the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel for the past several years, and hope we can continue to welcome you back for many more to come!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights after a cruise excellent stay very clean and the staff couldn't do enough to help they suggested a lovely sightseeing day around the main places to visit in Los Angeles & there were lots of good places to eat close by .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, Linda. I am glad to hear that our staff was helpful and accommodating in arranging some sightseeing activities for you to do during your stop over in Redondo Beach. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the Los Angeles area!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After reading the more recent reviews (post-renovation), we decided to try to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina hotel and was happy with our stay. We requested a quiet location and was given room 3001 which is a corner unit on the 3rd floor. It was farthest from the elevator, and a bit of a walk, but we value "quiet" and so it was worth the trek. The room overlooked the water but it also overlooked a restaurant parking lot. I imagine the 4th & 5th floor rooms would have better direct views of the water. The room had a mini fridge & coffee maker but no microwave. We called housekeeping for a set of extra towels and toiletries and they were delivered within 5 minutes. Not sure if this is in all rooms, but the bathroom ceiling in room 3001 is a bit low so that the shower head is on the low side. I'm around 5'4" and usually never have to worry about ceiling heights so the low shower head was noticeable. The location of the hotel was convenient to many restaurants. Captain Kidd's (do not recommend), Ruby's, Joe's Crab Shack, and On the Rocks were all across the street and within walking distance. We also walked to Pollys on the Pier for breakfast (twice!), to Quality Seafood for clam chowder bowls, and World Famos Churros (highly recommend all of these places). We also rented pedal boats in the marina and saw that you could rent stand-up paddle boards as well. The only drawback was the parking fee (thus the 4-stars) but from what I understand, most hotels in the area are charging and the public parking lot across the street at the restaurants also charge there as well. Overall a wonderful stay that was close to good food and activities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EMT1311
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review about the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. I am so very glad to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us! We are very pleased with out recent hotel renovation and have received wonderful feedback from our guests. As you mentioned, you can't beat our location - walking distance to so many local restaurants, shops and beach activities. I hope that the next time you are looking for a get away, you will come back and visit us again. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Redondo Beach!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
Best Western Plus Redondo Beach Inn
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!